Will CRI pass the real dirt test?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
As promised... I've got a "cleaning test task force" at work to have some real dirt testing to take the CRI's rankings head-on October 13th at the Piranha Conference.

http://realdirtoncri.wordpress.com/2010 ... dirt-test/

If anyone is interested in coming to view the fun, or if you want to participate, then please email me at rugchick@gmail.com.

I'm sure whatever we learn at this event can be leveraged even further at the next Mikeyfest - as we all work to prove to the "powers that be" in the mills that the best ones to rank real cleaning results is actually real cleaners.

Should be a blast!
Lisa

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
LisaWagnerCRS said:
I've got a "cleaning test task force" at work to have some real dirt testing to take the CRI's rankings head-on October 13th at the Piranha Conference.
Should be a blast!
Lisa

Here, we don't usually hang out with small, incredibly aggressive fish of that ilk.......

but thanks Lisa.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm glad Tony will get a chance to get to the next step with all of the research and planning he did for his original test protocols.

Naysayers can say what they wish (and they will, I am sure) about the lack of laboratory type controls and testing.

My retort will be that considering the fact that the test protocols used for the current SOA testing use dirt designed to be measured, not dirt that resembles what we clean, that the carpet doesn't resembled most of the carpet we clean, and that if for nothing else the results are such that no reasonable person can respect them.

If one looks at, not just the Rug Doctor, but also so many of those self contained extractors and how they are put on an equal, if not superior footing to truck mounts, it ruins any credibility of the study.

More simply put:

Those tests are accurate in the same way a test that says a hatchet is the equivalent of a chainsaw because both can cut down a tree.

A lumberjack would laugh himself unconscious.

As carpet cleaners do.

I'm glad I'll be at the conference to watch Tony's tests and see the results first hand for myself.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I will be very happy to be a part of these tests and of course share what I learned from my previous attempts.
It will also be highly unlikely that we will have any issues drying the just cleaned test samples like happened the last time.

There will be several other credible people involved this exercise like Jim and some other people with years of real world experience in this industry.

And of course, if this goes well we can build on it in Nashville.
I am also interested in developing some test-based "best practice" protocols for the advent of a lot more "hands on" training that I will be pushing to have as a part of every iicrc Certification course.
For example -
What happens - Pros and Cons when cleaning cut pile vs level loop, Nylon vs Poly vs Wool carpet when the Technician makes changes in the following factors -

Volume of water used for rinsing.
Pressure of rinse water
Pressure of prespray
Dwell time
Vacuum - flow AND lift.
Temperature of prespray and of rinse water.
Various forms of agitation.
Ecetera.

How does an Instructor teach "hands on" without knowing the answers to these questions ?
Testing these sorts of things with real dirt on real carpet should help to answer some of these questions so that over time we can begin to create a basis for teaching useful "best practices" for "hands on" Techniques.
Much better than guesses or "Made up stuff". don't you think ?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll arrange to have a room full of beakers, metric scales, infrared lights, certified and un-certified dirt, a few bored and lonely Kenadians at your disposal, 5 pounds DA Burns NASA grit and grime, 43 gallons of premium Fabric Pro-Tech-TORS and Sassy the ventriloquist Mule available for the 3 of you for the weekend.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Mikey P said:
I'll arrange to have a room full of beakers, metric scales, infrared lights, certified and un-certified dirt, a few bored and lonely Kenadians at your disposal, 5 pounds DA Burns NASA grit and grime, 43 gallons of premium Fabric Pro-Tech-TORS and Sassy the ventriloquist Mule available for the 3 of you for the weekend.

You know, if the NASA XRF machine could actually measure soil, CRI would have seen they were all full of BS to begin with.

I just LOVE their "deep cleaning system rankings" - want a good laugh, take a look:

http://www.carpet-rug.org/residential-c ... manuf_id=0

Lisa

Hmmm. Joey's TCS and the rug doctor are platinum and my EVEREST is gold.

That's just wrong.

Seriously the CRI and IICRC are bogus organizations. As soon as I heard I would have to renew my membership with the IICRC yearly "scam alert" went off in my head.

The same can be said for green cleaning solutions.

What a joke that is as well.

And what's funny is a lot of carpet cleaners actually buy into the scam.

I bet half the so called green cleaning solutions are just that in name.

I heard a chemical manufacturer has to pay 10k each year or maybe it was 10k once to the CRI to classify a chem as green.

When you consider all the spotters, deodorizers, detergents, tlc, and specialty chems a company might manufacture that can add up to a lot of mula.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom