Will smaller waste tank maximize a blower?

Name
I'm Rick James
In the SS thread we were talking about their equipment and how they run a 10-15 gallon waste tank with APO.

Would a smaller waste tank create better vacuum like?

And is there a legal water filtering system to accommodate the GPM with the APO discharge to run it in a yard?

Was just wondering..

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Caduceus said:
In the SS thread we were talking about their equipment and how they run a 10-15 gallon waste tank with APO.

Would a smaller waste tank create better vacuum like?

Yes.

The reason is that the time it takes the airflow to move through a smaller tank is much faster than the time it takes to move through a large tank. The result is that the "response time" or, as I call it, "rise time" of the vacuum is noticeably faster... seemingly instantaneous. (You're not aware of the delay a larger tank contributes, because you're used to it. But the difference is very noticeable when you have a reference to compare to.)

Caduceus said:
And is there a legal water filtering system to accommodate the GPM with the APO discharge to run it in a yard?

Was just wondering..

Uhh. I'm not so sure that a specific filtration system would make a difference, other than the fact that you don't want to "blow chunks" out and leave it there when dumping. Basically, as long as the recovered water can "percolate" into the ground (and leave no noticeable signs after- the- fact), and not run into a stream or a storm drain in the process, it's legal in all the places I've heard from.

And I do hear from a lot of places, since we make a system like that.

a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7JNsSZQcxca]
a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JBdwZ2Ljfka]

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
So,as the waste tank fills up, does the vacuum increase or decrease or stay the same?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Well, on our Predator Unleashed systems, it doesn't fill up, since they're continuous discharge, so it's a moot point.

But on a system that does fill up, it should give you a quicker response as described below. But one thing may come into play in a typical cleaning situation and off-set that...

As you back out of a job, you push the hose behind you. And as you do, it gets positioned in coils, curves, twists and turns, all of which rob you of vacuum by consuming available lift due to the increase in resistance they contribute.

Does that help...?

Name
PHILIP NICK
What do you project a ball park (I won't hold you to it) shipping cost to Arizona of a Predator 25/45 complete and a Dominator 30/47' 1K 2K? 2.5K 3K? and also delivery time? I think the wife is almost on board.

Also can you do a 56 59 blower with a 40 HP on the Dominator?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
miksar said:
So,as the waste tank fills up, does the vacuum increase or decrease or stay the same?

stays the same .
what "response time" is .....is the time it takes to evacuate the empty space in tank and hoses before the vacuum lift is created .

have someone lift the lay the wand back down as you watch the vac gauge .
The time it takes for the HG to go from little to a lot is the "response time"

as a practical matter, I'm not sure it makes much difference .
if it did, we'd all notice it when the waste tank is near full, no??

Be easy enough to check if it really makes much practical difference, though.
next time you have a 100ft of hose hooked up and cleaning on a large job, check response time when you start (empty tank) then check it when the tank is near full

..L.T.A.

John Watson

hey dilly dally, Not sure of ordinences in your area, in King County a crew was caught and was fined 10 grand. In Skagit county I was told the we would get a citation if caught just dumping on top the ground such as a yard or field. We needed to dispose in a drain that goes into the sanitized sewer. We have used pumpouts to toilets, clean out plugs car wash pits, I also had permission from MV Sewer dept to lift drain covers in the street.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Small blowers are affected more. Bane owners pulling thru 120 gallon waste tanks learn to NOT lift the wand while cleaning. If you did it would take over two seconds to get back up to its typical 8 hg running vacuum lift.

"One thousand-two thousand", two seconds doesn't seem like much, but it was a pain in the neck if you didn't pay attention.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Foothills Phil said:
What do you project a ball park (I won't hold you to it) shipping cost to Arizona of a Predator 25/45 complete and a Dominator 30/47' 1K 2K? 2.5K 3K? and also delivery time? I think the wife is almost on board.

Also can you do a 56 59 blower with a 40 HP on the Dominator?

Buy both at the same time and we'll pay for the freight.

The Dominator frame is set up for everything up to a 47 blower. I can look at the design vs. a 56 blower and see what the possibility is.

Currently, we can have a Predator 2545 ready by the end of this coming week. Ditto for a 2036 or 2545 Dominator. With a 3047, we'll need to get the recovery tank fabricated, which will take about a week longer.

I recently designed a "non- slant" tank that fits a box truck better than the "space- saver" design shown in the videos, and it's being fabricated now. If that suits your installation goals (i.e., if you have a box truck or have a wall in a traditionally- sized van), then it would shave a few days off of the fabrication time, since it's already in the works.

Thanks,

Duane

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom