Will Twitter or Facebook ever make YOU money?

Facebook and Twitter

• Yes some day Mrs Pift will look for a new cleaner on one or the other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
Can these stupid things that were designed for Grandmas to watch their family grow be used to really promote your business or does Joe Polish have a 13 year old girl trapped inside his body?

liberty

I believe with the right mindset and open view these could enhance your business. It might not brong you new business, it may though. I think what it could really do is enhance your communication with existing client lists and allow a company/individual to put out information or specials to a vast clientele rapidly.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I am the first to admit that I am computer illiterate.

I know absolutely nothing about Twitter.

Since my pc crashed, I can't even get back onto my Facebook site.

I guess you could say that I am now off my face......................book. :oops:

From what I have read about Jose Polishedknob, which is a fictitious person that is not relevant to any person living or dead, this is the impression I have of Twitter.

Jose Polishedknob starts a Twitter account and asks people to follow him.

This way they all get to know him, know all his ethical little secrets that he wants to tell them, and anything else comes at a price.

They can even ask what he is doing, and he can say, "picking my nose with three fingers" if he wants to.

Or he can lie, and say something else.

So, my questions are this:

If I want people to contact me so I can clean their carpets, how do they know how to find me, like I'm only one name amongst millions ?

Won't this bring out the bottom of the barrel price seekers that I am not interested in ?

Not to mention all the extra spam that will be logged onto my Twits account for me to delete.

Speaking of which, I just got this bloody crap in my email.................. again.

Greetings!

Just to let you guys know, we are in a final stages of testing out our new video chat room for cleaners worldwide on Truck Mount Forums. Come check us out at 10PM Eastern, USA Tonight (4/28/09) Click here to view our new live chat room that offers video, voice and text. Once your in, click on default room to enter. You will be able to view videos instantly, transfer your own videos/pictures into the room for 24/7 tech support or just for fun. Stay tuned for live training events on your favorite forum - Truck Mount Forums!

Tre Allen
Truck Mount Forums

So I've just sent of the obligatory request to stop sending me crap.............once more.

This is what I sent previously...........................

Rob Allen

Full name: *: Rob Allen
Business name: *: Dry-N-Clean carpet cleaning
Years in business: *: 23
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:49 pm Post subject:

Shortwun wrote:
Tre Allen PLEASE TAKE NOTE: I DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE ANY CORRESPONDENCE FROM EITHER YOU NOR YOUR ASSOCCIATES IN ANY FORM WHATSOEVER. KINDLY REMOVE ANY INFORMATION CONCERNING MYSELF OR MY BUSINESS FROM YOUR RECORDS. I DO NOT APPRECIATE YOUR SUBLIMINAL SPAM WHETHER YOU CALL IT AN INTERVIEW OR ANY OTHER FORM OF ADVERTISING. IN PLAIN ENGLISH THAT YOU MAY UNDERSTAND, DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN. RESPECTFULLY, SHORTY.
A hate group has systematically slandered and belittled *** because they have a vested interest. It is a pathetic and childish attempt to slow down the success of ***. However we are not deterred and rather more motivated than ever to root out crocs who continually slander good families for profit and delusional alliances.Last edited by Rob Allen on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Here is my reply

Shortwun

Full name: *: K.O. (Shorty) Glanville ICF
Business name: *: Get Shorty Carpet & Upholstery Care
Years in business: *: Starting fresh in July 2007
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:26 am Post subject:

Contrary to your opinion, I DO NOT have any vested interest in you forum. I have asked you to stop sending me crap (my opinion) by email or any other form. What part of that do you not understand. Also, thank you so much for accessing my Photobucket account under the name " suprafun101 I have now blocked you from my album azzhole. Once again, I shall reiterate my previous request. IN PLAIN ENGLISH THAT YOU MAY UNDERSTAND, DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN. I have no respect for people that are lower than a Taipans belly. Once more also, remove my name from THAT R forum. Shorty.

Looks like the bastards getting desperate to send me an email to join these half back flankers on his foreskin, err forum. :oops:

I can sense that I'm starting to get agro.

Ooroo,

:wink:

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
had a customer put on her facebook to call us if they wanted a professional carpet cleaning job done. got 3 calls from it! Go figure! :lol:

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Indirectly they can but it's not going to bring new business or save your business. It could actually hurt some businesses. It's just another way for people to stay in touch with what your doing. Twitter is still in it's infancy.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I can attribute two jobs to Facebook.

Friend from high school that didn't realize I cleaned carpets. Cleaned her business and home.

She saw my van in the profile and that clued her in.

Walt

A couple off of facebook. Though not my account.

My customer posted that she was getting her carpets cleaned. Her friends posted who? And did he do a good job etc. ?

Then they called me.

I don't see getting many jobs directly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom