Win FREE Snake Oil....ID this snake

Greenie

Promo5.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'd think an Australian Brown Snake.

If I'm right Greenie, give the prize to the first guy who can say why I'd know that without googling it.

RickL

Olive Sea Snake

Olive Sea Snake
Large Dangerous Coral Reef Reptile
© John Blatchford

Aug 2, 2008
Fifteen species of sea snake live on Australia's Great Barrier Reef, and Aipysurus laevis is commonly encountered by divers.

This large snake is not usually aggressive, but since it is both very curious and venomous it is considered dangerous

Read more: http://marine-life.suite101.com/article ... z0UV574L8a

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
RickL said:
Fifteen species of sea snake live on Australia's Great Barrier Reef, and Aipysurus laevis is commonly encountered by divers. This large snake is not usually aggressive, but since it is both very curious and venomous it is considered dangerous

One of my cleaning mates was fishing on the reef a few months ago and I bet he would disagree with the *usually* not aggressive part. They were fishing, and one of the olives swam past the boat and continued on its way....or so they thought. Being the curious creatures they are, this one decided to slither up the anchor rope and pay the boys a visit inside the boat :lol: And he was less than friendly when they tried to 'help' him back into the water.

The joys of living in Australia, when just about every moving thing has enough teeth, power, size or venom to kill you several times over before you hit the ground 8)

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom