Window Hell

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
poor elves are struggling with a house that has 130 picture windows, up to two stories tall. No problem, except that the water spots from sprinklers and even when they rinse, refuse to die. They've wiped with an acid (Interlink product for lime called "Renew") to no avail.

I wasn't there today because I managed to get food poisoning last night. Herself warned me she meant to toss that old 'tater salad.. But it just tasted so good.
Beware the 'tater salad when a week has passed!

Any suggestions about the windows?

Reactions: Able 1

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Lance, it would take me a day to polish one window. These things are about 3' x 24' tall.

I will look at the product, though because I want to add glass polishing to our list, so thanks!

Meanwhile, I guess it's back to sacrificing chickens and hoping the glass gods will smile.

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Is there water spots only at the bottom? or all over the glass?
use the one restore then, it is an acid apply with an applicator, rinse, and clean as usual... charge accordingly...

You can use stone scrub on a hoghair by hand... It works amazingly well... it is organic also.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Good guess. Water spots at the bottom from sprinklers. In the past they used an acidic rinse, which has damaged the anodized framing.

Our specific problem has been that after washing down the window, when we rinsed them the water dried and left spots. Very hard water. On other jobs (other areas), we've been able to speed things up by spraying soap, scrubbing and then rinsing.

They went over it again with squeegees Saturday while I enjoyed a bout of flu or food poisoning. If the spotting isn't in control, it will have to wait because there is a long list of tasks to be done by Tuesday afternoon.

I appreciate the suggestions and plan to act on them. Thank you!

Reactions: Lance Golden

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Taking lessons learned from Ted and Cameron, I used the good ol Makita and Renew (it was I had handy) and scrubbed with a disk cut from a red pad.
Worked like a charm. The elves sniped out the remaining problem areas and I did the lower, crusty areas. Happy customer, whole crew has renewed confidence and guys, thanks for the tips. Here is one wing of a large home:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom