wine away

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I know that just a spritz of Stain Magic will remove most wine in a few seconds.

It's likely an oxidizer.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Evergreen Labs manufacturers two stain removal products under the brand names of Wine Away and Red Erase.

Wine Away

Wine Away is an amazing red wine stain remover formulated to most red wine stains from carpet and fabric – even some older stains. Wine Away is made from fruit and vegetable extracts, has a fresh citrus scent, and does not contain bleach or phosphates.

Wine Away is available in five sizes: a 12-oz. spray bottle, a 2-oz. travel-size spray bottle, the elegant 8-oz. brushed aluminum spray bottle, the chic red wine stain emergency kit*, and gallons.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I have had several customers try it without success, Stain Magic+iron is almost guaranteed to work.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And while we are at it.
Does the legend of using white one to remove red wine works?

Here, at Trader Joe we can get a bottle of white wine (Two Buck Chuck) for less than buying the spotters.
And to boost you can drink it after and or during application.
Lets see you do it with your red wine stain remover.

Seriously though, did any one try the white wine trick to remove red wine stain?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would think white wine would just dilute the wine(red) if applied right after the spill... Not sure though??

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Acetic acid is the tannin altering agent in tannin stain removers, acetic acid and not much tannin in white wine. I've seen the "tea dye" removed from Oriental rugs by a white wine spill.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Could be. The product is geared toward homeowners rather than professionals, although some swear by it.

They've sure done a good job of marketing it through wine shops and specialty kitchen supply retailers. What's better for a wine snoot than a spill remover you can get in a brushed aluminum sprayer?

Name
I'm Rick James
The Great Oz said:
Why would we sub out red stains?

I always heard that you guys dont do red stains, I figure it was because you dont want some of your unexperienced techs doing something they shouldnt.

6-7 years ago when I worked at steemer I worked with a couple of your former employees.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim Nazarian said:
I have had several customers try it without success, Stain Magic+iron is almost guaranteed to work.

just spritz it with ammonia and then spritz it one more time with 30 or 40 volume and throw that iron in the trash.........

T

The Magician

I bought a new bottle of Stain Magic 1. No more mixing? Havent't used it yet.

Name
I'm Rick James
The Great Oz said:
The former employees that went to work for SS were the ones that we didn't let take red stains out.

Is all your techs allowed to deal with red stains? If not do they reschedule for another person to come back to finish the job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom