wine spill lite carpet

-JB-

Name
JB
So get this had a custy. spill a glass of red on the white carpet I just cleaned, used 30 vol, so so results, used Phels., popped it right out, she calls back Sat., husband spilled again, (two weeks later... drinking problem??) same thing 30 vol. so so Phels, boom! Gone, my question is why? Not that I'm complaining rather use Phels. than 30 vol. any day.

But why is the Phels. working on wine?

Greenie

Boons is not wine JB.
You need to upgrade your customer.

Obviously there wasn't much "natural" ingredients if the 30 vol. didn't phase it, the Fels cut through something with it's solvency.

Why does everyone skip the "tell the custy to absorb as much as possible before you get there", then rinse with cold water, THEN treat the remains?

-JB-

Name
JB
Obviously there wasn't much "natural" ingredients if the 30 vol. didn't phase it, the Fels cut through something with it's solvency.

Ahh good point oh Greane one! Conechiwa.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
You can set stains with products like Red Relief. Don't use those first, only last. (And only after making sure the spot is rinsed and dried of any oxidizers)

My procedure on wine:

Rinse with a fiber rinse (Fab set, all fiber rinse etc.)

Apply Avenge, tamp with a spotting brush into a towel
Rinse
Repeat
Apply protein spotter, tamp with a spotting brush into a towel
Rinse
Repeat

If no more result and color still remains

Stain Magic (Or other peroxide based oxidizer) with heat.

Rinse. Stain should be gone

If not, thoroughly rinse the spot, set up fan to dry it, once dry, use a red relief type product. Personally I have never had to resort to the reduction agent using the above procedure.

Yes it's kinda overkill, but I find it to be a steady progressive idiot proof way to take out wine. Once a tech sees you do it once they can take out wine spills with ease.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I do most spotting after cleaning, should mention that. I've had good success using just a reducer red product. Spray it down right after cleaning. Come back and rinse after I'm done cleaning the place. Red products are all diferent some work better then others. Good to have a few diferent ones. Apply a little heat if it's still there. Rinse. Works for me.

Glad you're method is working for you but like you said "overkill" to get the same results.

Albert

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Wine is not Kool Aid.

You can set some things with reducers. The way I always looked at it, synthetic dyes get reducers, natural dyes get oxidizers. If unsure, oxidize first because you can reduce later. If you reduce first sometimes you can't oxidize. I would never advise a newbie to use a last resort effort first.

I am giving him the safest method. Relies on the least amount of potential damage to the carpeting. Gets most if not all of the stain out before heat transfer is tried. Limits the opportunity for him to buy their carpet.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have respect for you and believe you are a confident, competent cleaner BTW.

I just think you are forgetting what skill set somebody asking how to remove wine has.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Prespray with a little O2 will usually do the job.

However, some red wines contain a synthetic dye and those spots require a reducer after rinsing out the O2.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
4 years ago I got a call from a Rabi that wanted his lr, dr cleaned. He said there was some wine spills. I told him my then price of 2/$75. The rooms were huge and covered with wine spills. Took 3 hours and lots of !@#$%^& to get it out. When he called back a year later I told him $200. Haven't heard back from him. Good riddens.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom