Winery Carpet

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Did a winery today...carpet and tile.....the carpet was a dark green berber with dark spots all over (wine, of course), and the tile was ceramic. For the carpet, I used Grease Eraser mixed strong and hot, and it pulled all but a few of the wine spots out. Carpet was olifin. On the tile I used PC tile and grout cleaner. Everything came out nice.

What would you have used for this job, considering there were many wine spills....more than you could spot by hand? Also, is there a spotter or absorbant that I can sell them to keep up with the wine spills?? They can usually get to the spill within minutes of the spill.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Chemspec makes a product called absorba stain which would be effective. This would have been the ideal place for a heavy boost of 40 vol Peroxide in your cleaning prespray. While a good emulsifier will attack most wine stains, the 40 vol works on removing the rest of them that have already sat for long time.

But it sounds like you did a great job!

-JB-

Name
JB
On the tile I used PC tile and grout cleaner. Everything came out nice.

Love that stuff, huh? I thought I was the only one who used it! :roll:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
JB said:
On the tile I used PC tile and grout cleaner. Everything came out nice.

Love that stuff, huh? I thought I was the only one who used it! :roll:

I don't know, JB....ProChem T&G cleaner, and the restorative T&G cleaner seem to work well for me. I've also got Viper Venom on the truck, but at the dilution ratio (1 to 1), it's a bit pricey.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
sweendogg said:
Chemspec makes a product called absorba stain which would be effective. This would have been the ideal place for a heavy boost of 40 vol Peroxide in your cleaning prespray. While a good emulsifier will attack most wine stains, the 40 vol works on removing the rest of them that have already sat for long time.

But it sounds like you did a great job!

Dave....just how are you mixing your 40 Vol Peroxide with your prespray? What ratio are you using? I've never incorporated Peroxide into my cleaning solutions.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Truth be told, I'd of used the O2 system with Hot sauce instead of boosting with 40 vol.. but going on Mikey's direction he adds about a cup or 2 to his hydroforce sprayer with his normal prepary which for him is redline. But given that you were cleaning olefin, you could have layed out straight 40 vol almost and the fiber would not have been effected. (though I bet the backing would quite literally fall apart!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom