Winsor vacuum turns off after a few seconds

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I don't remember it being dropped.

Shuts off after a few seconds. Any ideas before I go and dismantle the thing.

Albert

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Is it one of the upright vacs? Mine shuts off sometimes - it's the electrical connection where the handle slides and clamps into the main body (yes the dickheads made it a removeable handle). Maybe try loosening the clamp and ramming it in a bit harder :|

Name
Nate W.
Heathrow said:
Is it one of the upright vacs? Mine shuts off sometimes - it's the electrical connection where the handle slides and clamps into the main body (yes the dickheads made it a removeable handle). Maybe try loosening the clamp and ramming it in a bit harder :|

I concur... That's the only time I ever had that vacuum shut off on me.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Humm, I took the handle off and connected a power cord straight to the connections. Same problem.

Can it be the brushes in the motor?.

Albert

Name
Nate W.
Albert Lazo said:
Humm, I took the handle off and connected a power cord straight to the connections. Same problem.

Can it be the brushes in the motor?.

Albert

This post just jinxed me. My vacuum did the exact thing you've mentioned. I'm guessing maybe the cord or switch. I have a few of the same vacuums I can test this problem with. I too never dropped it or anything. Was working fine in 1 room, then went to the next and nothing... :evil:

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Well that sucks. Fill us in when you figure it out though. I'm starting to get a collection of broken vacuums. The one I'm using now (cheap hoover) has such a bad dog dander smell that I can't seem to get rid of.

Albert

Name
Nate W.
Hey Albert, I switched the handles and it works. My problem maybe either the switch or the cord... Most likely the switch...

Name
Jesse
Usually the problems are at the cord/switch connection. That said, the Windsors will auto shut off after about 20 seconds if the bag is full, there is a clog, or the brush is worn out. Normally if the vac shuts down the reason will be displayed by the lights on the head. If your bag full/clog light or brush light is burned out, you'll have no way to know that's what it is. When you turn the vac on, all the light should flash, if they don't or 1 doesn't then you have a burned out light.

Out of about 50 Windsors, I've only had one sensor failure. The vac started thinking that the bag was full if even if it was empty.

You should trust the bag full light on your vac. Sometimes the fine soil will clog the bag but it will still appear empty. The Windsor sensor xp's will fill a bag 25% further that the sensor s or sr. They have the same specs but there is a power difference. Windsor obviously is aware of of this, hence the xp badge. Why the specs are the same on paper, I don't know.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Right on Nate.

I believe I have eliminated anything in the handle being bad as I plugged some wires straight to the body and got the same problem. I finished talking to the guy at Windsor and told me it sounds like it may be the power board. I have to get a decent meter as mine starting acting up.

Albert

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Albert Lazo said:
Right on Nate.

I believe I have eliminated anything in the handle being bad as I plugged some wires straight to the body and got the same problem. I finished talking to the guy at Windsor and told me it sounds like it may be the power board. I have to get a decent meter as mine starting acting up.

Albert

geese...for a vac??

One of the many reasons "throw away" vacs work for "us"

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom