Winter Weather!!

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
With all the winter Weather i was wondering what every ones hates the most about carpet cleaning in the winter. please share your thoughts.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
1) Reeling in the 2.5 hose and than having to shovel the van out! Hey, but I'm working so I can deal with that.

2) Always wet (and then of course cold before the pants finally freeze up) Than you thaw out on the way to the next job and start over again.

3) 2nd or 3rd story apartments....boy do you have to hustle to get the water line heated up, pull it up and go!

Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I actually think running the water line inside the hose (esp 2.5) would be a detriment. I have had ice inside the vac hose because of the velocity and cold air it pulls. I have even had the waste basket freeze up on a couple of water damage extractions. The air I believe might end up being colder inside the vac hose sometimes.

Mark Saiger

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Mark,
I haven't used this method (yet) however, I think they mean to run the solution hose through a spare section of suction hose, mainly to keep it off the snow/ice until you get inside the house/garage. Probably a 25ft section would do almost all set-ups.

Mike Draper

I agree 100%. Evaporation has a cool down rate many times greater than regular cold air.

I carry 2.5" hose and I hate rolling it up on the reel when it is packed with snow.

wpschoch

I hate the cold air coming through the door you run your hoses through.

I also hate paying to heat my rig when it's below freezing.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Trudging through a foot and a half of snow to get to the door cause the homeowner is either too lazy or too inconsiderate to shovel before arrival.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cold sweats were the worst. Nothing like running out to the truck sweating like a dog and having a the cold hit you. ugh.

Sacramento got down in the 30's in the winter but I couldn't complain too much because some of youz work in zeros.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I hate about working in winter weather- I have to sometimes put on a sweatshirt in the morning or at night!! shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Sorry you cold states folks...I really don't like cold.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
The main thing I dislike about working in the winter, is the lack of carpet cleaning work in the winter. Don't the customers know we still need to eat?

9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgSgCzs8cQY9]

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I love the whole thing, the slow down of work, the chance to take a vacation, indoor training, outdoor activities, the fabulous clothes that make cold weather a breeze, being strong, being alive, the fresh cold air, the sunshine on the snow, cold beer from the case left outside, a roaring fireplace, reading a stack of books, sleeping in. Bring it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom