Winterizing Max Heat Butlers

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Does anyone that uses a max heat Butler in below freezing temperatures winterize their truckmount for the drive between jobs or back to their shop? The max heat exchanger sits right on the van floor and there is only a short exhaust pipe between the freezing outside temperatures and heat exchanger tubes. Also the hot water that is in the exchanger would freeze quicker than cool water.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I wouldn't think it would be necessary, even for the coldest temps, to winterize between jobs. Once the machine has been fired up for the day, you should be okay.

Saiger will probably confirm this?

Reactions: Mark Saiger
F

FB7777

Been using Max heat for over 9 years and never winterized the unit in freezing weather just driving in between jobs

The heat exchanger is mounted on a raised bracket on the floor and not sitting directly on it

You'll have other freeze issues like cleaning tools and water feed lines first before the heat exchange coils crack, especially if you let the truck sit outside not running

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Never ever had a problem.....

Drive on and enjoy the ride :)

Actually driven in way, way below zero temps and it will not freeze up because the motor does circulate the water through the system.

Also another tip, when cleaning in the cold weather, open up the lid of your Butler (the cowel) and it will help heat the cab while you run with your heat off....

My YouTube channel with a bunch of cold weather cleaning videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9UefjEixJPGgxWPTnEUhg

And an article and blog from the front Page of Mikey's Board that might also be of help.

http://mikeysboard.com/surviving-co...making-a-living-and-thriving-in-cold-weather/

And definitely feel free to contact me anytime if you might need some help...always glad to try and help out :)

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
218-259-9099 cell

Reactions: Russ T.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
The butler water pump circulates rinse water through the heat exchanger and is not running while the van is driving. However the van does circulate the hot radiator coolant around the heat exchanger tubes while the van is running. That is a good point, thank you Mark.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Oops, my mistake, the max heat exchanger heats the rinse water in the exchanger tubes by using the heat from the blower exhaust, not circulating radiator coolant. This would not keep the max exchanger warm while driving.
I guess if Mark has not had any issues in the extreme temperatures he cleans in, it is not a problem?

F

FB7777

You are correct, the radiator fluid ONLY circulates through the heat exchange box, not the post blower exhaust ( Max Heat )

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Anyone know the difference between the Max Heat Butler and my high heat Cleanco?

Last Winter was really cold here in Central Iowa and no problems.

I ran Hydramaster CDS's in Colorado near 10,000 feet for @ 3 years. It got crazy cold there at times and no issues with anything freezing up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom