Wish Me Luck

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Our first round of EDDM is going out Tuesday. It's a fairly small batch of 2,700. Focusing in my surrounding area of medium priced homes. In 2-3 weeks I am hitting the opposite side of the tracks with another 2,600 in more high end neighborhoods. All within a 2 mile radius of where we live. I plan on hitting back and forth between the 2 until about 2 weeks from Christmas.

I was able to barter trade for the printing of 20k so that will help in the overall cost.
yguhu9an.jpg

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thats a nice piece. If its doesn't pull enough from those two drops to cover your costs then it just may not be the right vehicle.

Nice design!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Good luck. Looks nice.
Any pictures of the piece so that we can see both sides.
And yes, please keep us informed how well it did.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ok, first report. Mailed the first batch of 2,600 about 2 weeks ago and have completed 3 whole house cleanings thus far and one upcoming next week of 3-rooms and tile & grout. So the graphic design and postage has been covered so far and I am content. I am getting second mailing of 2,600 ready this weekend. Instead of mailing it out on Tuesday I am going to shoot for a Friday.

One thing I started tracking the EDDM post cards that we receive in the mail and we get up to 5 on Mondays about 3 on Tuesdays then 1 or 2 on subsequent days.

This next batch is going to mid to high end residences so it will be interesting.

One other thought that I had (using this EDDM postcard as our reminder card) that is now confirmed, because 2 of the 4 jobs that we received from the postcards were repeat clients. So I am excited that the postcard will "stimulate" repeats

Reactions: AshleyMckendree

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's great Billy!

As long as you're covering costs I'd keep it up right through the Holidays and evaluate if you want to continue with a spring campaign.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Ok, first report. Mailed the first batch of 2,600 about 2 weeks ago and have completed 3 whole house cleanings thus far and one upcoming next week of 3-rooms and tile & grout. So the graphic design and postage has been covered so far and I am content. I am getting second mailing of 2,600 ready this weekend. Instead of mailing it out on Tuesday I am going to shoot for a Friday.

One thing I started tracking the EDDM post cards that we receive in the mail and we get up to 5 on Mondays about 3 on Tuesdays then 1 or 2 on subsequent days.

This next batch is going to mid to high end residences so it will be interesting.

One other thought that I had (using this EDDM postcard as our reminder card) that is now confirmed, because 2 of the 4 jobs that we received from the postcards were repeat clients. So I am excited that the postcard will "stimulate" repeats

You should ask the post office you use which are the heaviest junk mail days of the week and avoid, it can change area to area.

Just ask...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have best luck when my mail hits on thurdays and Fridays.

If you mail that late in the week you might find that prospects don't call on the weekend and might forget by Monday. That is why the heavy mailing days are monday - wednesday. Who knows? Test, test, test.

Reactions: BLewis
Back
Top Bottom