With out starting a war can I ask a question

gmaupin

What is op cleaning all about were does the dirt go are you hooked up to a truck mount. I have done HWE cleaning so whats the other side live like?

gmaupin

Hey hey one damn minute Its was a simple question I know ZERO about OP Cleaning

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
George, there are several cleaning methods other than HWE
I'll mention some common ones

CCing methods 101;

There's Host cleaning
essentially, solvent soaked ground corn cobs that are thrown on the carpet, ground in with a counter rotating cylinder brush machine (CRB) and then vacced up.

Then there's "dry" foam
(a silly marketing ploy, cause "foam" ain't "dry")
Von Schrader champions that method.
It's a shampoo foam generating machine with a cylinder brush that agitates the shampoo than a vac picks some of the suds up

Then there's scrub'n run sCampoo method.
Commonly called encRapsulation.

i didn't call it "cleaning" cause no soil is actually removed.
What you do is, scrub in a shampoo with pixie dust additive, swirl it around and call it good.
However, It does improve the appearance of carpets to greater or lesser extent, depending on soil load and type soil.

NOW I'll get to OP.
Bonnet/pad cleaning and OP cleaning are absorbent pad cleaning.
Bonnets of either synthetic, cotton or blends are used under a rotary or OP machine to "spray'n wipe" the carpets clean.

OP stands for "oscillating pad".
Instead of going round and round, like a rotary, they have an oscillating movement to them.
Best I could describe it, it's like a BIG dual action sander or car wax buffer.

..L.T.A.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Well you have probably wondered: “What the heck is pad capping?”. You are about to find out. You'll be pleased to know that it is a generally high production, low overhead, fast drying, “almost difficult to mess up” & profitable way to clean commercial carpet.

If you are familiar with “Scrub & Run Encapsulation” or The Shampoo Method of cleaning carpet & “Bonnet Cleaning” or the Absorbent Pad Method imagine that they had an illegitimate love child & this method is the result of that wild weekend in Vegas...

Basically, Pad-Capping is applying a “encapsulating” shampoo to a thoroughly vacuumed carpet which emulsifies the soil through a combination of chemical reaction & agitation. The emulsified soils are then absorbed into the pad, leaving minimal moisture & soils behind. The remaining soils are coated in the cleaning solution which generally will dry to a brittle, non-sticky film. Through the next 1-3 vacuuming cycles of the carpet the small percentage of soils left behind are then removed.

Chemical residues are a problem in most cleaning systems. They are a “fact of life” for most cleaners & common cleaning systems. Through the use of Encapsulating Shampoos, you have turned a problem into a marketable positive. These product generally re-soil slower than most Hot Water Extraction Emulsifiers which even when rinsed thoroughly leave a percentage of sticky residues (& dirty water) in the carpet. Whereas a pad-capped carpet will leave a small percentage of soil behind, it is easily removed due to the “beneficial residue”, and these residues generally retard the rate of re-soiling verses HWE & traditional non-encapsulating bonnet cleaners.

The moisture left behind from HWE can lead to wicking & browning. Again Pad-Capping leaves less moisture i the carpet to start with & what little is left behind is laden with proven anti-wicking polymers which again is a “beneficial residue”. Also the superior dry times achieved through this method reduce the chances of browning
tremendously.

Why not just bonnet clean with an encapsulating shampoo? Well, the fact of the matter is you can & quite effectively I might add. However, due to the differences in the mechanical action of the Orbital/Oscillating machine you achieve a higher degree of agitation, clean all sides of the fiber & with the spray system you have better control of how much solution you put down as opposed to gravity fed rotary shampoo. IN addition to all that it is a straight line machine rather than a side to side motion. An added bonus is it is easier both physically & from a technician training stand point.

I do want to let you know that this is a very effective system for commercial carpeting & even some residential settings. However, this is not a be all end all system that will eliminate the need for Hot Water Extraction equipment. However, these 2 systems compliment each other rather nicely.

lance

OP uses water and cotton/synthetic pads to soak up the dirt. The cleaner is sprayed on and loosens the dirt so that it can be moved into the pad. This happens because the carpet is man-made material like nylon and the pads are natural like cotton.

The key to OP is the agitation of the machine due to it's orbital rotation. The wetness of the pad is chosen according to how dirty the carpet is. When the pads are washed, the dirt goes down the drain.

Go to ccsop.com and click on the videos section in the left column. Watch the dirty berber video, it shows you how much dirt the pads can hold.

Fon Johnson

I can make a carpet look great with a rotary. In fact, I can make one look as good as a OP can. The difference is that the OP has some magical gravity defying affect that vibrates the soil UP into the pad.

gmaupin

now after reading all that I would Think prescrub with op or bonnet and follow with a HWE rinse would be a better clean. But Im just a SS hack right

hogjowl

Idiot™
The problem with using an OP machine to prescrub with are several. OP is much slower than using a 175 rotary, and time is money. Also, using an OP machine requires using a pad of some kind. A rotary with a shampoo BRUSH is better, because the synthetic pads you use with an OP are not nearly aggressive enough, and although cotton pads ARE aggressive, they leave so much lint and trash on the pile that you won't be able to extract with a glided wand.

So, my recommendation for prescrubbing before HWE is a rotary machine with a shampoo brush. You'll spend much less money and will have a better machine for what you intend to use it for.

gmaupin

oops after reading my post I see the folly to that your right I was thinking 175 and or rv360 and typing after reading about op bonnet MY BAD. Now before I get all the OP GUYS JUMPING MY BUTT. Coming from a HWE company that is what I KNOW fight it out with the other guys over your on going op vs hwe war I only wanted to know how it worked. Thanks for the information but I will not be drinking the orange kool aid this time around

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Doesn't anybody KNOW the 5 methods of carpet cleaning?

eNcAPSuLATIoN is NOT a method!

It is the SHAMPOO method

OP cleaning is also NOT a method and it falls under BONNET cleaning.

cleanex

That a boy Jimmy, they are variations of old time methods, usually found under low moisture cleaning systems.

hogjowl

Idiot™
For his own protection, don't encourage jImMY, Don! All you'll do is get him over-excited and then he'll get another cease and desist letter from Ricky G.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom