With the Right Instructors.. the IICRC may have a chance

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Had to have our van serviced up at Jon Don this past week and whenever we get up there. (about 2 hrs from bloomington) I always try to get a class in as well if we can work it out that way.

Well our scheduled service time frame fell right during the SMT course taught by Bob Merkt.

And I will say that he did a fantastic job with the course. He didn't push the diamond encrusted pads but taught true stone restoration using dimond disks, demonstrated all three systems with disks, pads and powders. And did a tremendous job of getting alot of basics in as well as keeping enough hands on and advanced stuff that those of us who knew enough on the cleaning side still walked away with a great knowledge base and practical set of skills to get us started.

Also we were pretty fortunate to have a 20 year stone restorer who really knew his stuff and he was able to share alot of great insights as well..

With the right instructors, I think the IICRC can survive.. not based on trying to certify the living crap out of people up sticking to real world information, and providing classes and opportunities for training and education in our industry.

I know there are some bad instructors out there but Jon Don seems to pull in some very good ones!

Started feeling really sorry for all of the Chemdry groups.. had the owner and a technician up there from one in Joliet.. Great folks, hard working, knowleable, but talk about very limited in equipment by CD. The truckmounts only put out one pressure, they have to use portables or water otters for tile/grout cleaning. And so many rules. But I guess that is the franchise way.

But it was nice to get home and find the amazing gift on my desk.. One brand spanking new RUbber ROOM Shirt..

THANKS BAWB!!

John Watson

Has Bobby growed yet???

Great instructor on hard surface and janitorial.

Great gguuy, keeps every one happy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom