Wobbly RX-20 help please--RX not running smoothly

Name
Steve Lawrence
Hi all,

We've had to fix this issue before and the typical problem is one of the star shoe supports (springy stainless steel arm) is bent or weak and causes the RX to travel unevenly with a studder kinda. It's usually easy to spot because it doesn't sit evenly when the star is removed and placed on a table.

This time it's not obvious which arm is the culprit. Does anyone know how to located the bad arm when all look okay?

Thanks,
Steve

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you need to take all the vacuum shoes and everything off the star and set it on a flat surface to see which one got bent............

not saying that you are.......but if you are transporting the RX with the star still attached then that may be why you are having problems........in all the years I have used the RX I never bent it one time....but I always remove it before I put it back in the truck.......this also helps you keep the shaft clean so it does not screw up the oil seal........

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Steve Lawrence
you need to take all the vacuum shoes and everything off the star and set it on a flat surface to see which one got bent............

not saying that you are.......but if you are transporting the RX with the star still attached then that may be why you are having problems........in all the years I have used the RX I never bent it one time....but I always remove it before I put it back in the truck.......this also helps you keep the shaft clean so it does not screw up the oil seal........

You're probably right, Jim. Yeah, we're not as careful with ours so that may have dunnit.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
once bent they will always bend. The star is $189.95 I'll ship it free. I am not a fan of the bolt on arms they never stayed "true" You can try and straighten the star but as I am sure your aware of the smallest bang and that star will bend again and again. I used to have to "drop" straighten the star on ours a couple of times a job as I was a cheap ass manager since my bonus's came from my bottom line and I hated spending any money. LOL I have to remind myself of that every time I have the customers that are just as bad or worse then I was.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Back
Top Bottom