wood bleed

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I'm cleaning a living room with couch an love seat. move them to clean under them and I see a red spot, looked like juice. It wasn't all the legs started to bleed like crazy. Never had this happen so fast. Some of it cleaned out but had to treat the rest with stain one. now I wait and pray. White freaking carpet too. I jut ran out of sticky tabs too. Never again.

So I didn't charge him and going to check on them in the morning.

Ever have this happen and what would you do?

I just want it to go away.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Louis said:
So I'm cleaning a living room with couch an love seat. move them to clean under them and I see a red spot, looked like juice. It wasn't all the legs started to bleed like crazy. Never had this happen so fast. Some of it cleaned out but had to treat the rest with stain one. now I wait and pray. White freaking carpet too. I jut ran out of sticky tabs too. Never again.

So I didn't charge him and going to check on them in the morning.

Ever have this happen and what would you do?

I just want it to go away.

yes, we've had it happen that fast.
Generally you can get 100% out ...with effort...when you catch it right away.

Only one we couldn't remove completely and the custy did it.
Apparently she wanted to see if we moved and cleaned under the sofa. (she wasn't home while we were cleaning)
She slid a corner of the sofa out and drug a brown wood stain across her off white nylon
She called that night after she attempted to remove them.
I came out the next day, but could only improve them slightly

..L.T.A.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
general rule..the darker the wood stain the faster the bleed will be..i hate it when i see some dark assed thick stain on
wood legs...always means trouble, be extra careful.

Ernie G

We always use sliders, it happened to us once, that was enough, it came out, but we never chance it anymore.

Name
Nate W.
Ernie G said:
We always use sliders, it happened to us once, that was enough, it came out, but we never chance it anymore.

Amen to that. I have to thank Ron Werner for the helpful links for sliders. I personally never had that happen to me. And if you do run out of blocks or tabs, better to leave the sliders and pick up the next day or so. Better safe then sorry, that's my motto. :D

http://www.doityourself.com/invt/5-3-4- ... ad-1031145

http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/28-45 ... 26213.aspx

http://www.builderdepot.com/browse.ihtm ... reid=2110#

http://www.builderdepot.com/browse.ihtm ... oreid=2110

Edited because link wasn't working.

-JB-

Name
JB
That sucks!
Sorry to here it Louis, seen it happen many times over the years,(w/out the use of slidders obviously), almost always pops right out w/a fast rinse, the wool must be holding on to it, ya might just have an issue there. Try CTI's Red relief for wool, but use it sparingly, and precisely, and set your custy's expectations up for realistic results, cause it aint NEVER goona be "perfect" or 100%, the best you can hope for is the best you can do.
Good luck.

JCoviello

Yea, I've had that happen.

Most times IMO it's from cheap Asian furniture you find at places like "Home Goods" etc that has a "one step" stain/varnish. Most REAL furniture with poly etc won't do that.

As others have said, if you catch it right away, you can remove it. If it sets and drys, I've only had marginal results. Red relief has worked for me when it all will not flush out because most times it's the red pigment in the stain that gets left behind.

Good luck!

P.S. I also never "drag" furniture as it can cause the carpet to buckle, pile distortion etc on top of getting the stain trail. I lift and move one end at a time if needed.

harryhides

Name
Tony
All good advice above. Been there and done that. Even did a few on furniture that was brand new and was not even moved just enough moisture in the air and a faulty dye problem. I've also seen some so bad that they bled (crocked) color onto dry carpet or towel etc.

When this happens our MO is to immediately restore by using a clean white towel with a little Iso alcohol on it and take off as much color as we can before moving to on use of red-stain removers.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We had a furniture vendor who sold about 400 new various pieces with a "far stain".

They all went over new beige carpet.

Dry crocked over a couple of weeks.

About 1000 stains to remove from the new carpet.

The vendor brought in several samples of stained and I tried about 10 different solvent blends on the stains.

Although difficult, we found a particular solvent blend that removed them all.

Only drawback was the solvent mixture was flammable.

Larry

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
The red one done it. all gone. Now I'm going to buy a load of sliders and sticky tabs.

Thank you for the help

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom