wood floor cleaning pricing

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I have a Catholic school/church wanting a bid on about 600 s/f of wood floor to be cleaned only. He hinted he prefer some sort of a scrub. I have done a ton of screen refinish and abrasive pad refinish but none clean only. I have considered purchasing a Dirt Dragon or type scrubber because I have a gym floor I'm doing later this month also. Jon Don will rent a Dirt Dragon for $100 a day. That would be fine for the gym floor but not cost effective for the church.
What is the average charge for wood floor clean only and does anyone clean only on a regular basis?
Any (lagit) comments/advise?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
It is likely that you can do a clean only using a rotary floor buffer. Use either 2 white floor pads under the machine or one white pad directly under the machine and a microfiber bonnet in contact with the floor.

Use Bridgepoint Wood Cleaner. It is suitable for cleaning only and won't harm any finish present on the floor.

Another option is to clean and refresh the finish with a top coat of wood floor finish. If you want to apply an additional coat or two of finish, use a maroon floor buffing pad on the wood. (Still use a white pad directly under the floor machine.)

If you want a video with all the details showing these procedures done on some floors, send me an email with your mailing address. Put wood floor video in the subject line and I will drop a DVD in the mail to you.
ScottW@bridgewatercorp.net

Like any cleaning service I know about, there is a big range of pricing. Consider your own costs and time. Allow for moving / replacing furnishings if that will be part of the bid. I think most are around 75 cents for clean only and $1.25 to $1.50 for clean and recoat. But I have seen anywhere from 35 cents to $3.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
What Scott said will work but I have used one of Lamanator Plus products with great results, I'll have to check and see which one it is. After dust mopping or vacuuming mist it on hit it with a 175 with either a carpet bonnet or a light color synthetic pad, i think a bonnet gives best results removes dirt and leaves a nice sheen on the floor. All the customers I have done this for have been very happy with the results. It's just like spray buffing a tile floor and about same speed I get .50 cents sf and make good money on it. 600 sf would take less than 2hr $300 @.50.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Like above, all you need is a 175 and the proper pads. The Bridgepoint chems work great but don't listen to the low price point HACK that only charges 50 cents a s.f. That job is worth .75.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Marty said:
Like above, all you need is a 175 and the proper pads. The Bridgepoint chems work great but don't listen to the low price point HACK that only charges 50 cents a s.f. That job is worth .75.

Who you calling a hack? Spray buffing a floor for fidy cents is good money Porky. Hunerd fifty or more an hr. Might not be the big money you high class cleaners down in Bama get but it's good here in NC. LOL

Mike Raimer

Name
Mike
I am currently pricing a gym floor. It was recently refinished and doesnt look that bad. The owner want the gym cleaned and possibly recoated. I have been asked by several vendors if the area is water based or solvent. I am not sure the method for testing and I am not familiar with the screening process. I have used a red and white pad and a 175 machine in the past. Could you advise...thanksView attachment 4357

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
For cleaning it does not matter if the present finish is solvent or water based. It will clean up fine using the process described above.
There is a video here you can watch showing two different methods - extraction or mechanical.
http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CW025GL

Bridgepoint wood preservation finishes are meant for residential use and light commercial. Recoating with these products would have a limited life expectancy if they were playing a lot of basketball on the floor.

If they want recoat, I suggest a wood floor professional. Recoating a heavy use floor with a product that will stand up to basketball games is not a job for a beginner in wood floor care.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom