Wood Floor HWE

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Was a fuse blown. The bottom of the unit had moss and was pretty dirty, around the fins. I sprayed with garden hose and sucked with truck mount and cleaned it up nice. Been running all day. it is 19 years old.
I put in a window unit in the master, and a window unit downstairs when the central air was down. Living in luxury now, gotta yank these window units immediately before we get used to it.😅

Reactions: SamIam and FredC

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm wouldn't steam it I would mist on a wood clean crb it or use a 175 then extract only with the tile tool if you wand to raise it up and mist the floor lightly and extract and drop fans

Mikey P

Administrator
3 over 2 down
You need to know the differences between solid wood, engineered wood, laminates, parquet, cork, bamboo Pergo/MDF, vinyl plank, and porcelain lookalikes. Spend time in flooring stores studying the ever-growing variety of options. Take some time in each of your customer’s homes to study what they have as well. The goal is to be able to tell the client what they own, whether they picked it out or inherited it with the home purchase. You should be able to discuss their floors with confidence and provide care advice.
I recommend having a blog article on proper hard floor care that you can share with your clients.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Nate W.
You need to know the differences between solid wood, engineered wood, laminates, parquet, cork, bamboo Pergo/MDF, vinyl plank, and porcelain lookalikes. Spend time in flooring stores studying the ever-growing variety of options. Take some time in each of your customer’s homes to study what they have as well. The goal is to be able to tell the client what they own, whether they picked it out or inherited it with the home purchase. You should be able to discuss their floors with confidence and provide care advice.
I recommend having a blog article on proper hard floor care that you can share with your clients.

You learn more through the Fook ups.. No fun in not sweating it.. :lol:

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
You learn more through the Fook ups.. No fun in not sweating it.. :lol:
Yeah like now you got me thinking im getting a call on Monday with them saying WTF happened to My floor!! lol 😅 and a pic of the floor curled up off the subfloor.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Yeah like now you got me thinking im getting a call on Monday with them saying WTF happened to My floor!! lol 😅 and a pic of the floor curled up off the subfloor.
But for the mean time im chillin with a new heat wave invention (to me). Working Day and Night for Monday and Tuesday doing what I do. Suck Rugs.

Drinking the water as it melts.

0D48C0F1-5170-4B80-B4A7-A2C91A0BD1D1.jpeg

9415B186-14B8-4ED1-9CD6-553AFBC65CE2.jpeg

I will be looking for some before and afters on this from the pros. Peace out. And Thanks.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Clean it with minimal moisture in a dehumidifier environment (AC on) and get it dry with fans and you don’t have to worry if it’s engineered, solid, parquet or vinyl. They all respond the same. Just stay away from “Pergo”, or pressboard laminate.
And ignore Mikeys self serving attempt to complicate the issue in an attempt to sell classes.

Mikey P

Administrator
Clean it with minimal moisture in a dehumidifier environment (AC on) and get it dry with fans and you don’t have to worry if it’s engineered, solid, parquet or vinyl. They all respond the same. Just stay away from “Pergo”, or pressboard laminate.
And ignore Mikeys self serving attempt to complicate the issue in an attempt to sell classes.
So bitter..

I sell manuals too, moron.

• Haha
Reactions: FredC

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides

I can see how that can satisfy a customer. Im not into "letting things dry" though. I believe there is a lot of good cleaning results by force drying. Whether carpet, tile, or wood. Fans and microfibers finish the job for me. At times I towel dry staircases and entrances during and after running fans.

A combination of being busy and solo, I can't get into mopping techniques for results. Any other cleaner can do that without the commitment of a truck mount. If I pursue this sector of hardwood, I will get an OP, but would like to see it in action and learn it over the slow winter.

Really all I was doing was cleaning a gross floor. I stunk. And it was already buckled and needs to be refinished. (Just hope im not the guy paying for the refinish job 😅). Didn't lose any sleep but will be relieved when I get a text how awesome it came out.

Like the Lurk said about not letting the customers problem be yours. I surprised a lil old lady by doing her little bathroom tile a while back. Didn't even charge her. I ended up replacing the floor because it was so old the tiles (them tiny ones), were actually popping out, door wouldn't shut, the whole floor was ruined. And I don't like to talk about when helping a furniture delivery service get a big box of outdoor furniture up to the very top deck. When the box slipped from MY rope and fell 3 stories onto the neighbors shed, my reaction was to run. My tech didn't see it but heard it and said "I knew it was you, you had to get involved!" I can definitely vouch for Lurks quote.

I need to get up to speed with tile and wood, Im on it this winter. Grateful for all this info you guys share here.

I will study the different types of floors now instead of constantly playing fruit ninja.✌️

Mikey P

Administrator
I can see how that can satisfy a customer. Im not into "letting things dry" though. I believe there is a lot of good cleaning results by force drying. Whether carpet, tile, or wood. Fans and microfibers finish the job for me. At times I towel dry staircases and entrances during and after running fans.

A combination of being busy and solo, I can't get into mopping techniques for results. Any other cleaner can do that without the commitment of a truck mount. If I pursue this sector of hardwood, I will get an OP, but would like to see it in action and learn it over the slow winter.

Really all I was doing was cleaning a gross floor. I stunk. And it was already buckled and needs to be refinished. (Just hope im not the guy paying for the refinish job 😅). Didn't lose any sleep but will be relieved when I get a text how awesome it came out.

Like the Lurk said about not letting the customers problem be yours. I surprised a lil old lady by doing her little bathroom tile a while back. Didn't even charge her. I ended up replacing the floor because it was so old the tiles (them tiny ones), were actually popping out, door wouldn't shut, the whole floor was ruined. And I don't like to talk about when helping a furniture delivery service get a big box of outdoor furniture up to the very top deck. When the box slipped from MY rope and fell 3 stories onto the neighbors shed, my reaction was to run. My tech didn't see it but heard it and said "I knew it was you, you had to get involved!" I can definitely vouch for Lurks quote.

I need to get up to speed with tile and wood, Im on it this winter. Grateful for all this info you guys share here.

I will study the different types of floors now instead of constantly playing fruit ninja.✌️
SAN ANTONIO FLIER.jpg

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Honestly I was giving a quick way to do something more of a bandaid hoping you wouldn't steam it with the gecko wand.

But yeah that floor is shot.

I would usually use my vibe and a bonnet with a neutral cleaner post pad with a white pad.

But that's just cleaning.

I've done a couple wax removal on wood it's a pita.

Reactions: Mike J

steve_64

I use my hydroforce tile wand on wood floors occasionally. It works great. Just have to do extra dry strokes.
It makes dull finishes shine again if there's still finish on it.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I use my hydroforce tile wand on wood floors occasionally. It works great. Just have to do extra dry strokes.
It makes dull finishes shine again if there's still finish on it.
Yeah but OP the way to go if you get serious about it on a nice job. I finally got the word that my job was good, but have to admit I was thinking about it ever since I did it. Probably will still hook up the truck mount for the intial vacuum, but I won't touch a "real floor" until I get the OP down. I just take the ones that already are beat.

steve_64

I had trouble with the edges fine cutting the pads and bonnets causing more issues of lint or dust getting back in the gaps.
Just wanding has been working good.
Better than lugging the buffer too. Imo of course.
I will try and get pics next time.

Reactions: Mike J

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom