wool carpet

Chads

Supportive Member
I cleaned a wool carpet the other day totally forgot how to treat it I have had to clean anything wool in a long time whats the normal procedure on them first wool berber I have ever came across

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Two main precautions.

Wool is a staple fiber. Don't over agitate it. This is more likely to be a concern when using brushes, bonnets, pads and similar methods.

Wool should be left in a neutral or slightly acid state. That is more important than the pH of the prespray. Some buffered prespray will maintain the pH even when diluted with rinse water. Other products don't have so much alkalinity and can be dropped to neutral easily. Check the pH after cleaning if you have any doubts about the products you use on wool. (pH and alkalinity are different.)

Scott Warrington

hogjowl

Idiot™
The truth? It ain't that big a deal, unless you're selling acid rinses.

Just do like Mikey says, forgo the prescrub and you'll be fine.

Unless it's a bleeder.

Then you may have to breakdown and call Scott. (Make sure you're not sleepy when you call.)

dallasdj

I hope you have not cleaned it yet with this advice.

Yes, neutral detergent with acid rinse or after-spray.

But check the backing (either from surface if your good enough or find a exhaust register and look there). If it's jute or whatever natural backing use really low moisture (200 psi, turned down even more at your ball valve).

Clean in sections (about 5x5 areas) if natural backing and speed dry with air movement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom