Wool sisal rug

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
In spotting a wool sisal rug it now appears wet but it is not. Is it toast?. No pics, I'm going to see it late next week.

The cleaning of this rug was not in the list of things to do. The cover we put on it was apparently soiled and I thinking was a wool rug wet spot cleaned it.

Stupid ass freakin designer rugs.

thanks,
Albert

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Albert Lazo said:
In spotting a wool sisal rug it now appears wet but it is not. Is it toast?. No pics, I'm going to see it late next week.

The cleaning of this rug was not in the list of things to do. The cover we put on it was apparently soiled and I thinking was a wool rug wet spot cleaned it.

Stupid ass freakin designer rugs.

thanks,
Albert

You need to re-wet the whole thing evenly and get it dry quickly....evenly! A quart bottle with some water and mist it evenly. That should fix it for you.

Even is the name of the game when it comes to sisal. Be thankful you didn't pull an color OUT.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
A light acid might be better to prevent some browning. But so long as you go easy on the water, you will be fine.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
if it has a solid rubber back you may be screwed. if it shrinks at all it will get rolls in it. they do take a long time to dry.. good luck

gene

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Thanks, I decided to take it to a shop. The guy feels fairly confident that they can get it clean. It does have a rubber backing. We didn't talk about them tacking it...we'll see.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom