wool?

brendan

Name
brendan
hey...just about to get my new toy a 360i from what ive heard about it from you guys on this site,,when mentioning this to a friend ,carpet cleaner,he said you guys dont use wool much in your flooring in the states ,more nylon and so on,,,not sure if this true are not so my question whats the 360i on wool..........thanks and sorry about another 360i question

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Your friend is correct.. most of our broadloom is nylon.. Wool only makes up about 5 % of our market for broadloom carpet. And we do about 90% of the retail of wool and woven product in our specific area. I can not vouch for the Rotovac 360i myself but I will guess that it does just fine on wool cutpiles.. but wouldn't be a great idea on wool cut/loops or berbers.

brendan

Name
brendan
only 5 per cent,,you learn somethimg new every day,,think id clean wool at least one are twice a day often a whole house,,,

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I'll admit I like cleaning wool, and because we deal with it alot more often then most people, we clean it more often than many companies.. and of course most of the rugs we see for full wash are wool on cotton foundation.

brendan

Name
brendan
would you charge more to clean wall to wall wool carpet in a house compared to nylon,,,have to say im shocked about the percentage of wool used in the states but its makes more sense now after months of been puzzled more so about stain removal and your sucess rates on some stains

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I hear you 100% on the stains.. Had a few rugs in today that just about drove me bonkers in trying to get the vomit stain out.. Couldn't get it 100% out.

As for charging more.. it depends on what I'm cleaning. If its a woven or tufted wool with no real considerations I usually charge regular price.

If I have drying considerations, or if its an axeminster with dye considerations I may charge a little more simply for having more time invested.

Walt

I used it once on a hammered tufted rug as a last ditch effort. It worked beautifully, but a lot of fiber was pulled out. It does seem a little aggressive for wool so I am interested in others input on wall to wall.

brendan

Name
brendan
if i can help ask away,,,,old vomit on wool you wont get out same as urine,,,its a natural fibre and will absord stain where and im sure you know nylons and so on are oil based and repel to a degree water based stains ,im not a expert on anything but we do clean lots of wool so any advice on stains ill give my modest brain power to help

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I appreaciate it.. likewise I we are a full wash oriental rug cleaning plant so any advice I can offer in that arena feel free to use us as a resource for as well.

Ron K

David I've had some luck with Red-Out for Wool from Vac-Away on Vomit.
Livin the Dream!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The key to using any rotary on wool carpet is to keep the carpet lubricated with detergent and water. The 360 is a lot less aggressive than a rotary brush machine, and we use those on a certain percentage of heavily soiled carpet without making perceptable changes in the way the nap looks.

Don't pay attention or grind away in one spot and you'll have carpet to buy.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Yeah the problem with the vomit is they used some kinda of oxy something on it. They aren't admitting to it.. and claim they only used our neutral spotter.. but neutral spotter plus acid side spill doesn't give me a pH reading of near 10.0 ANDD bleach out some of the cream color. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom