WordPress Update

Ron K

Second Update second major issue.
Anyone have any suggestions.

Ron K

Last update Couldn't make changes the format was not as before.
Our internet guy couldn't even make the changes.
Got an Email that they updated again now site does not load
quickly or at all.

FredC

Village Idiot
the site in your sig?

Hard to say what it might be without knowing what plugins you are running.

Are you still having the editing issue? Are you using the classic editor plugin? Are all plugins updated?

My suggestion would be to start with disabling all plugins and see if I had the issue without them, Then add them back one by one.

as for the slow loading the slider pics take the longest....they are huge but I don't know why this would just now be an issue unless a now nonworking plugin was compressing/resizing

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
A lot of people are having issues with the new Gutenberg editor. To bypass it, you can either revert back to Wordpress 4.9x by re-installing those core files by FTP. Or go to Plugins > Add New and by default the Classic Editor plugin should appear, if not search for it and install it and activate it. It will give you back your original WYSIWYG editor and there are some page builder plugins that break with Gutenberg and the Classic Editor should restore them.

FredC

Village Idiot
Looks like he is running divi 3.18 which should be ok with wordpress 5.0+but it is something to check

the new editor sucks but it may not be an "issue" just not understood

classic editor plugin has some issues with other plugins reported (yoast versions for example)so sometimes it is actually the cause of issues.

the page load problems seem to be from the large slider pics

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom