Wordpress

Name
I'm Rick James
For the DIY websites, you have much luck with wordpress? Pretty easy to use and so on?

If you use wordpress can you post your link.

thanks

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
http://sfs.jondon.com/

Brent, this site is entirely done in Wordpress with some bells and whistles added.

Steve
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS
Brian R said:
I don't put a lot of time into it.

I agree, Brian, on the ease of use. Even a dummy like me can edit and add stories in Wordpress. I find WP to be very intuitive.

However, we did put a long time into designing the SFS site. The old saying begin with the end in mind goes double on websites. You need to make your site easy to use, intuitive (the best book I ever read on web design was "Don't Make Me Think") and promote "conversions". Traffic without conversions (site users booking jobs) is worthless.

BTW, I welcome ideas on how to improve our SFS site, 98% of which is open to everybody and without registering. So stop by.

Billy

Name
BH
We use WordPress for parts of our site & it will also be part of our new site we are currently working on.

WordPress is used for our Blog & Testimonials so far. My son makes a custom from scratch template which I couldn't do. We have thought about adding more but so far I prefer HTML for my skill level now.

Name
Bruce
Like anything it will take a little time to learn how to set up Word Press if you are going to set up a website. But once you start to figure out how it works you will be able to set up new websites with in an hour.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Is it hard to use,cost, online use, how hard to revamp a current site,will it help me seo my site?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Jay DeLaughter said:
Is it hard to use,cost, online use, how hard to revamp a current site,will it help me seo my site?

Hard to use? It depends. The maintenance and updating is fairly easy, even idiot-proof.

Cost? Free, even though the plug-ins do cost but usually not much.

How hard to revamp a current site? Depends. I would sure suggest at least getting some professional advice.

Will it help me seo my site? Not in and of itself. SEO depends on site structure, wording and most importantly constantly updating by adding value to your site. (Updating IS easy to do yourself in WP IF you keep at it.)

Steve
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Jay, I would really recommend you check out this 400 item Web Marketing Checklist Big Billy Yeadon posted a year ago on the SFS site. The principles are timeless:

http://sfs.jondon.com/3086/billys-book- ... -checklist

Then you should do a search of our site with the name "Andres Tobar" and absorb all of his posts. Andres is a second generation Florida carpet cleaner who has transformed the family business with his internet, Google and Facebook tactics. After reading his do-it-yourself information you can contact Andres if you wish as he also offers very economical hands-on help to other carpet cleaners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom