Worlds Smallest/Lightest Flood Extractor

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Looking to put one in a Transit and have handy when out on calls. I'd like to have so,etching as small, light and powerful as possible. Obviously for large jobs we can call in reinforcements. We need something that leaves rooms for other tools.

Im looking into the idea of using the van for routine running around, sales calls, cimex hauling and a so-called starter kit for initiating WD jobs. It would carry basic tools to get a WD jobs going.

Is it feasible to use a Transit run around town in constantly while hauling all Of this stuff around?

Im getting tired of driving a huge box van around to do smaller things, moisture checks and stuff like that. I figure this way I can at least suck some water out and get started on demo while the big vans are on the way.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Can you use a gas powered trash pump type thing? Those seem compact.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Xtreme Xtractor with Vac Pac wouldn't take up much space but any auto pump-out extractor would fit nicely in the Transit.

We love them, we had over 30-water losses last week and they we running drying to us and monitoring in them and picking up equipment in them. Worked great and we haven't even designed any shelving for them yet.

If you know its a larger job just take your full size van or box truck.
2013-05-21_17-11-43_61_zps9e14ad6d.jpg

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I figure I can extract water, do any demo and have a few ELEs, compact air movers and anything that is needed to get a WD started.

How will a Transit hold up running around with a flood pumper, compact air movers, misc hand tools, a few ELEs, maybe a small dehum, a cimex if it fits...that's probably too much already....

What kinda gas mileage you getting?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The guys said they had (2) Drizair 2000 dehumidifiers and 6-Drieaz X3 airmovers in there. You could probably get more if you have stacking skills like Lockhart. :p

Yea I hear the Air Hog works good, that would be a good option. Not sure about how durable the floor is. Might side a diamond plate sheet in there with eye rings to strap to. Not sure yet once it slows down a bit we will take a look at it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I figure this way I can at least suck some water out and get started on demo while the big vans are on the way.
You nailed it! Lots of times the supervisor on call beats the On Call crew to the job and sits there waiting on them. Moving furnishing but waiting for the extraction truck, if they had a flood king they could get started extracting until the crew arrives. That is something I'd like to see them do, I just mentioned that to them the other day.

Let me know how they Air Hog works, it and a wand couldn't take up too much space.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I wonder what the real life advantages of flood hog over an air hog in real life applications are.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I had a customer buy a flood hog about 2 weeks ago. I'll see if I can get some first hand reviews of it for you.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I wonder what the real life advantages of flood hog over an air hog in real life applications are.
You definitely would be better off with the Flood Hog over the Air Hog Plus for your application. The main difference is the Air Hog pumps out 3.3 gal/minute and the Flood Hog pumps out 90 gal/minute. I use the Air Hog Plus for carpet cleaning as a modular unit and it works great but it would bog down doing flood work. The Flood Hog comes with a floor tool with a switchable head for carpets and hard floors. They have specs and a couple videos on the Mytee.com site.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Both machines boast 2 - 3 stage vacuums and the same rated lift. What makes them different?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He has (3) Flood Kings, he likes them for water and his V's for carpet. We use TM's for water and only use the Flood Kings when extended hose lengths. The Flood Kings kick butt!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They will work you to death. I like a TM with a big recovery tank, when it's full you take a break while it dumps. Gas? Dude I'm charging a premium for the service, I can afford gas.

Speaking of premium service, we had a lady call in Wednesday morning at 4:00 am. The On Call supervisor told her the crew would be there within the hour (Premium Service right?). She said "That long?" :eekk: It's 4:00 AM were not subsidized by the local government like the fire department or ambulance service. I would think she would be impressed by 1-hour response. :cry:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Speaking of premium service, we had a lady call in Wednesday morning at 4:00 am. The On Call supervisor told her the crew would be there within the hour (Premium Service right?). She said "That long?" :eekk: It's 4:00 AM were not subsidized by the local government like the fire department or ambulance service. I would think she would be impressed by 1-hour response. :cry:

You gotta love some people

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We have the drieaz flood kings by us products.

But sapphire has a newer version out called the hve I have heard good things but have not used one personally. Also here good things about the mytee flood hogs.

Back
Top Bottom