Worms In Carpet

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Customer just noticed white, quarter-inch-long worms/larvae in white nylon carpet. Very upscale house, immaculate housekeeping.

I know we're not exterminators, and I haven't been there for a few months, so it wasn't me. Anyone encounter this before?

Much obliged.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
These could be wool moth larvae looking for food. They eat any protein, not just wool. This includes shed skin/pet dander, any shed hair, even fingernail clippings. I've heard of stored trophy heads being turned into skulls by moths, and have pulled more than one bed away from the wall to find a pile of shed skin full of moth larvae.

If there's no food source they'll die off and they're easily killed by HWE, but finding them in the cracks they hide in is a little tougher.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Unless you have an pest control license don't list as pest control. At least in texas that is a big nono, followed by a big fine.

NW Spotless

Name
Jay
Gross -
I had a regular client tell me they just turned over a furnished vacation rental to a new tenant immediately after I cleaned.
Tenant said 1st day there they sat on sofa with glass of water & saw a flea jump off arm of sofa and land in their glass of water!
Client asked if I could come apply something for fleas and I said NO - you need to call lic. pest control.
(The last thing we need is liability from tenant + property owner for something beyond our scope of profession)!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom