Would I benefit...

Bucey

Name
FFA?
from running a alk cleaner through the TM cleaning grease resturants. I see good results with the PB, and runnig an acid rinse. What if any is there to benefit? Don't know much about using an alk as a rinse. Would some one fill me in. Thanks.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It will help.
Alkaline "rinses" are basically a detergent running through the solution hose.

It will definitely give the cleaning an extra kick and you will be able to pick up more dirt and grease. I am sure that before, you'd use a good enzyme pre-spray, agitate and rinse afterwards.

You can use a hydroforce for the enzyme pre-spray with the detergent in line. The detergent should be one that does not leave a sticky residue.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
suggestions? I used Powerburst ps and I have some clean streak that has a detergent recomendation for the rinse. which would be safe so as not to leave an attractant on the fibers?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don't use powerburst so I am not sure if it is an enzyme pre-spray but if it isn't I am sure Cobb has one. So does every supplier. Some are higher in PH some are about 10 PH.

Also, if it is a restaurant you may not want to choose one that has an overwhelming scent.

I usually use Soap Free and Dry Slurry as my in line detergent and both do a very good job.
Every reputable supplier will have a good non-residual cleaner. And frankly, if you don't buy the 'El Cheapo' and regardless of the claims and everybody's favorite brand-they all do about the same.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
yeah PB is a enzy and I was just reading about the dry slurry. I believe I have seen several others here talk about using it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what Kofer said

as far as "which" TM emulsifier to run thru the TM..
Most all the "big name brand" emulsifiers are pretty good .

Prochem
Bridgepoint
PowerClean
etc
I don't know of any of them are "bad"
Pick the one you like the fragrance of best out of their "top shelf" emulsifiers and is approved for stain resist and you'll be fine
(that way you don't have to be concerned about emptying the stock tank when you do a res carpet)

as far as the "re-soil" issue, it's the last thing I'd be concerned about on a greasy spoon .
The carpet is so full of gooey grease at the base of the fiber anyway (yes, ever after a thorough cleaning) that it doesn't much matter, cause it will need cleaning again in a month or so anyway

BTW, just cause you've been using an acid rinse, that does NOT mean it will re-soil less rapidly either.
it just means the PH is neutral ...PH, in and of it's self has NOTHING to do rapid resoil.
matter of fact, some acid rinses can actually ADD to rapid resoil rates

..L.T.A.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
thanks for the advice and insight. Ill try and get some pics up as soon as I can.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
meAt said:
BTW, just cause you've been using an acid rinse, that does NOT mean it will re-soil less rapidly either.
it just means the PH is neutral ...PH, in and of it's self has NOTHING to do rapid resoil.
matter of fact, some acid rinses can actually ADD to rapid resoil rates

..L.T.A.

True but.......
Shh..............Larry.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you will flip all the acid rinse gurus out of their summer dormancy and all hell will break
loose.

You've been warned: The acid rinse interest groups got your number now Larry.

Can you handle it?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
kolfer1 said:
Can you handle it?

LOL!!...heck yea...I ain't skeert..... :mrgreen:

how 'bout I fo-reel whack hornets nest by saying that Prochem's All Fiber Rinse is JUNK
(and it should be noted that I consider Prochem's chems to one of the BEST "overall" too)
There's a just couple/few chems in their ENTIRE line I don't consider "all that"

all the 'cid rinses that use citric acid as the base SUCK..... :shock:

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Me Think your days are numbered!

By the way, have you tried Pro Chem's Filter out?
It is supposed to be for filtration soil. It does not even budge it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
kolfer1 said:
It is supposed to be for filtration soil. It does not even budge it.

pretty sure I've tried it.
But that was years ago..don't recall what I thought of it
It must of been UNDERwhelming though, cause it's not on the truck....

I'm no fan of their olefin pre-spray either

..L.T.A.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Grunge gone from groom industries is really good on nasty restaurants. and it doesnt foam up like alot of the other chems do. plus it doesnt make you cough.. i do scrub it with a 175 though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom