Would this gross you out... from a pet-loving customer?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Was at a weavers group this weekend, and it was "show and share" time, and a woman walked up and had a felted necklace around her, about three inches wide, white, with black pearl dots all over it.

She took it off and began explaining how pretty her husky dog is, and that she was picking up her fur and started thinking about felting wool (which they had a crafts class on...) and she began twisting and felting the whote fur into this necklace.

Then she talked about her cat, who rides in their RV with them, and licks her fur, and gets balled up black fur onto the seats. She looked at them and thought it was like the pearling they do with fibers for design... so she created pearls from the hair.

And she has this white neck decoration with black pearls throughout it... dog hair and cat hair.

I think the room was a bit shocked.

So my questions is... for those who LOVE their animals enough to wear their hair around their necks... if you really loved your husbands too, would a back and chest hair bracelet be far behind? Would cleaning up the sink and shower drains suddenly become a crafting opportunity?

Am I the only one creeped out by this?

It was the weirdest thing I've seen in a long, long time....

Lisa

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
No I worked with a guy that liked taking damaged items that were in catagory 3 losses, specifically furniture back to his house to furnish it. He wondered why no one ever wanted to come to his parties. This includes mattress and box spring, couch, love seat, end tables, foosball table, ect.

I still remember him saying "Awe hell, a little Microban QGC and a good flushing and its A-Okay" :shock:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
YUK !!!!!!

I won't mention the unmentionables. :shock:

There are a lot of grossly sick people out there.

Ooroo, (say's he, looking at himself in the mirror) shiteatinggrin

PS ::: We have people down under that've had their pets stuffed and mounted for the life hereafter. :(

A

amazingcleansc

Ron Werner said:
I thought you were going to say she used her pets skin after they died.

Seen/heard weirder.
Ever here of taking a loved one's cremated ashes and making a diamond out of them?

thats actually really cool. make a manmade diamond from the carbon ashes

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm with you Lisa W....its grosss...

People out there are creepy- I have heard the loved one to ashes to diamond stories, I have seen the favorite dog stuffed sitting on the couch...

Wonder what's next. Todays tatoo generation will probably end up seeing the loved one all inked up dying and then take their skin off with the "art" and preserve it- you could use it on your ottoman as a cover or just as a throw blanket on your love seat to cuddle with....

Or use it as a door mat if you didn't like him-it helps if he was a hairy person...cleans them shoes off better.. :-)

I guess it will be looked at as a form of investment in "art" that will live stay with family like an old painting or something....

So go ahead- get all inked up..... :-( ..........SICK!!!!!

John Watson

You guys make me laugh.. Not at you but, You should see my poor Helen go wacko looking for 1 yes 1 hair stuck any where on her clothes, her bra or socks. Hot damn she shows it to me when she finds it to as she always does.. What also is funny it that she never complained when we were out on the scooter and I was wearing my Norsk Hair Seal bikers jacket , go figure...

rhyde

Name
rhyde
not my kind of thing but not that creepy. Pet fibers are much cleaner to start with than most other natural fibers like wool. unless the sheep are blanketed and most are not wool has all kinds of gross stuff in it... poop, urine, dirt, plant mater

The oddest one I know of is a spinner/weaver that spun wove with dryer lint

Name
Nate W.
A Peruvian gardener I know, ate his pet chimpanzee when it died... Either one is still pretty nasty. :?

roro

Name
Ross Craig
If I ever pop my clogs, I am being cremated. The ashes will be put in an egg-timer so SWMBO can have me carry on working for her. :D

roro

RIP IT

Name
Chris
Before I started carpet cleaning I used to work part time for a cleaner who would take any job thrown at him.
At one of the nasty death scene clean ups that we did he kept the floor rug that a young lawyer had landed on after he blew his brains out with a shotty. It's under his pool table to this day.
If that wasn't bad enough a few years later he bought the car an elderly couple gassed themselves in ( found after three weeks ) and drove around in it happily for about 5 years.

sick puppies everywhere.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jen found a place that makes cat fur purses. Kinda creepy if you ask me but I guess for a keepsake maybe?
Yikes.

Ryan

RIP IT said:
Before I started carpet cleaning I used to work part time for a cleaner who would take any job thrown at him.
At one of the nasty death scene clean ups that we did he kept the floor rug that a young lawyer had landed on after he blew his brains out with a shotty. It's under his pool table to this day.
If that wasn't bad enough a few years later he bought the car an elderly couple gassed themselves in ( found after three weeks ) and drove around in it happily for about 5 years.

sick puppies everywhere.

Maybe he is just objective and not superstitious.

How would an old couple dieing in a car hurt it at all? And after the blood was off that rug was it tainted?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom