Would you buy a used TM with 7000+ hours....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I was looking at a TM setup only a few hours away, set up in a box truck, lots of goodie extras, '99 Chevy truck, Blueline 5M TM. I noticed that the TWave has a lot of the same parts as my older 405, which I still have. Has 7000+ hours, but the Nissan engines can run for ever. And I have an extra A12 engine and the Per4former blower for back up parts. What do you think? Many problems with those older Themowaves?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The answer is "depends" what does he want for it? You can get another 6000 hours or only 5 hours out of it...It is still worth 3-4k if it is a running machine and the compression is good on the engine and there are no pump or blower issues. you should be able to make that back in a couple of months. Now if you have any major work that needs to be done you might want to pass. And it is a A15 not an A12 and it is a 5.6 blower so your parts are no good on this machine.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
If John was selling it I would buy it, I have seen what he does to his used machines and if it goes out his door it is almost new

Reactions: John Olson

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Again if it is priced right and has good compression is be willing to bet he can get another 5k hours out of it. Tom fielding really made a great machine with the first thermal waves. I'd have no problem selling the machine for 5k but is have to get the machine for 2500 trade in and out $1000 of tlc into it. If it was going to have major issues it would have had them at 3-4k (throttle body) so at 7 it is a proven sold runner so if it looks like it was taken care of and your not spending more then 4k and you have 4k that isn't scared money then go for it but if you don't have 4k your not afraid to have tied up or lost then no buy something like the lancer I posted.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I'm over 10k on my thermal wave 5 m and it just won't die. The only problem I have had is the computer. I was lucky and got the computer link and software so I can reprogram it. The module does not like the heat or vibration. Zeems did not do a good job with the computer. I moved mine about 5 ft away but during the summer it still gets hotter then you can touch.

gene

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm over 10k on my thermal wave 5 m and it just won't die. The only problem I have had is the computer. I was lucky and got the computer link and software so I can reprogram it. The module does not like the heat or vibration. Zeems did not do a good job with the computer. I moved mine about 5 ft away but during the summer it still gets hotter then you can touch.

gene

Just looking around. Fox really interests me, but no dealers around these parts yet. Just looking at options since I can do the mech work. The computer does concern me. My Genesis is pretty basic with carberation and no computers. I passed up a great older 405 mounted in a box Ford van earlier this year. Needed some freeze related parts replaced, but I had them sitting in my shop.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
If John was selling it I would buy it, I have seen what he does to his used machines and if it goes out his door it is almost new

soooooo which is it.....
almost lik new....
or is it jus like new.............lol

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What are you looking for and how much do you want to spend? I have a 405 propane no waste tank that needs to be converted back to gas that we haven't had time to get to. I have the lancer 4.5 blower cat 5cp pump new seals and check valves new 23hp engine new brass hoses etc stripped and powder coated. New filters etc etc etc. machine will run another 6k hours plus easy. Make me an offer over 7500 and she is yours new Prochem 4 jet wand and 100' new Amflex vac hose and Parker solution hose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom