would you clean this and how? Furniture

JoeClean

Couch and large overstuffed matching chair both with loose back pillows.
Both got partially wet from a clean water leak from 2nd flr dripping and have since dried. Its a summer home only so the heat has been set very low for the winter.
All synthetic fiber.

Some of the back pillows and 2 throws have a musty smell if you put your nose to them.
No visible mold, but that kind of smell.

Only the chair back cushion has a zipper and the smell is in the stuffing too.

The frames and seat cushions don't have any smell.

thanks,

Joe

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I'd clean it as usual if their is no Browning or mold and blasting with microban. Have the client sign a waiver before cleaning. This is restoration 1st attempt cleaning. You are not responsible for anything

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It all depends how wet it it got. If saturated replacement might be the best decision. Like Dave under promise and over deliver. If you're determined to salvage it remember that most disinfectants need to be in contact with the treated surface for 15-minutes to be effective. Also there are products such as Bactibarrier that is a residual protecter and will continue to work long past the one time application of a ordinary disinfectant.

Reactions: GCCLee

JoeClean

My concern is if the odor is in the pillow stuffing, how am I addressing that with a surface cleaning and treatment.

If they were mine I would probably cut them open, toss the filler and wash the covers. Restuff and stitch up.

Don't know if I want to try that for a customers furniture.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Spray the snot out of them with you fave anti microbial/ deo , stuff them in a garbage bag, put the vac hose on the pillow and suck the bag flat. it disperses the chems all through the filling.

Do I get a gold star?

Reactions: GCCLee

Able 1

Name
Keith
Spray the snot out of them with you fave anti microbial/ deo , stuff them in a garbage bag, put the vac hose on the pillow and suck the bag flat. it disperses the chems all through the filling.

Do I get a gold star?

This is what I would do also.. Works pretty good!

Name
Nate W.
My first thought was to ozone it, since we have the machines. Then I would space bag it/ trash bag works too, just a bit ghetto looking but cheap! Then clean it and be done with it.

Sometimes just regular sunshine helps remove odors too...l

JoeClean

What would be your product of choice (anti microbial/ deo) if doing the saturate and trash bag suck step.

Would prefer one that won't add too strong of a cover scent.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

Do I get a gold star?

That is worthy of quoting : )

Can we call this technique huffin stuffin ?

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Who said that : )

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom