Would you encap?????

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Would you on a regular basis encap a greasy restaurant? And if you do, what if anything do you add to you encap juice?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Encapulation only leaves a dry non soil attracting residue.

Doesn't encapsulate any soil.

The mere fact is that the agitation just knocks off the dirt from the fiber and it falls into the backing.

You will get some dirt transfer into your pad of choice but the majority is just smeared around blending it in to be more uniform.

The "Truth" lies in the POST Vacuum......where there is NOTHING in the vacuum bag.

:bullshit:

Dirty Swirler

Name
Joel Hoppe
After using a truckmount with rotary extractor on this carpet every three months for three years using 8-9ph presprays with enzymes or oxidizers and an acid non sticy no resoil rinse--I found less resoil after three months near kitchen where there was greasy shoe transfer, using encap only this last year.

[video=youtube;1L86vrqnDQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1L86vrqnDQc[/video]

[video=youtube;H_XQ6jmtOa4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_XQ6jmtOa4[/video]

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I stand by my comments as to NOT encapsulating any dirt.

You'll get a dirty pad because you are physically scrubbing it off.

But there is NO encapsulating of any soil.

And the proof is there isn't any "Encapsulated " dirt in the post vacuum bag.

Do you believe all the marketing BS put out by the chem and equipment makers or can you "SEE" for yourself.

Another test to prove it is to fill a spray bottle with a RTU solution and spray on a mirror laid flat on a table.

Let that dry and you tell me how in the hell is that HAZE supposed to encapsulate any soil?

And the fact is a gallon of RTU soultion only contains about 2 tablespoons of dried polymer.

And again explain to me how that 2 tablespoons of polymer spread out over an area o 200-400 sq ft of carpet as per instructions is going to encapsulate anything?

Hmmmm let's see it appears that your using a Trinity.

Now haven't you seen demos before that were altered , like adding more product to give a WOW effect?

Not saying that's what happened here but After doing my own tests with just about all the encap shampoos out there I stand on my findings that it only leaves a DRY NON SOIL ATTRACTING RESIDUE.

And I want to stress the "RESIDUE" part.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I do a bar every month that is very popular for games and gets extreamly soiled. It looks like they have beer fights in there.

I first encap it with a red fiber pad that cuts it loose and then follow with a light mist and an absorbent pad.

It does an increadable job. From trash to like new in 1.5 hours and ready to serve customers.

The owners and management are very pleased with the work.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Do you believe all the marketing BS put out by the chem and equipment makers or can you "SEE" for yourself.

Another test to prove it is to fill a spray bottle with a RTU solution and spray on a mirror laid flat on a table.

Let that dry and you tell me how in the hell is that HAZE supposed to encapsulate any soil?

And the fact is a gallon of RTU soultion only contains about 2 tablespoons of dried polymer.

And again explain to me how that 2 tablespoons of polymer spread out over an area o 200-400 sq ft of carpet as per instructions is going to encapsulate anything?

Now haven't you seen demos before that were altered , like adding more product to give a WOW effect?

Not saying that's what happened here but After doing my own tests with just about all the encap shampoos out there I stand on my findings that it only leaves a DRY NON SOIL ATTRACTING RESIDUE.

Cimex-clear-1.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Posting pictures and results doesn't answer the questions about what the product really is. Or does regardless what the maker of the machines or the chems wants you to believe.

I find out for myself and always question marketing BS.

But I enjoy the enthusiasm of those who show their work and it reminds me of how excited a 40 year old retard is when he learns how to tie his shoes.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Posting pictures and results doesn't answer the questions about what the product really is. Or does regardless what the maker of the machines or the chems wants you to believe.

I find out for myself and always question marketing BS.

But I enjoy the enthusiasm of those who show their work and it reminds me of how excited a 40 year old retard is when he learns how to tie his shoes.

So who gives a sh-t what a product is or does or what the makers of machines or chems want us to believe. The simple fact remains that these chems perform brilliantly and are making a lot of customers happy and at the same time making life much better for the cc.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
After using a truckmount with rotary extractor on this carpet every three months for three years using 8-9ph presprays with enzymes or oxidizers....

With sledgehammer HWE presprays of 10, 11 and 12 ph on the market specifically designed for greasy restaurants, why would you stop at 9ph for such a place??

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
With sledgehammer HWE presprays of 10, 11 and 12 ph on the market specifically designed for greasy restaurants, why would you stop at 9ph for such a place??

My guess is that the methood being used is more efective for grease and their is no benefit to using the sledgehammer chems.
When i here HWE guys on this board talking about cleaning greasy carpet they make it sound like such a challange. With the proper equipment and procedure it can be done easily and successfully every time.

Dirty Swirler

Name
Joel Hoppe

If i could clean without high ph by boosting with enzymes I could avoid stripping carpet protectors.

I like neutral ph products so I can use them on everything and to slow resoiling.

I found some of the high ph products were hard to neutralize causing a faster resoiling. They are not impossible to neutralize but I did not like the results after going back to jobs. The problem is not the prespray as much as a bigger problem of customers with trashed carpets do not want to pay to clean them every three weeks. Trying to find a solution to make customers happy who will keep calling me back.

And I am 48 and still don't know how to tie my shoes

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Just encap it like I described earlier. Or do a test while you clean it. You will then see what works the best. I have seen many times how using a fiber pad will cut through the grease with a lot less effort, time, expence and giving better results than using HWE.

the difference is that it needs friction with HWE there is no friction. It's like when you go to a carwash. You blast your car with a powerful, soapy spray onto a smooth surface and it barely cleans it, Until you use that wimpy foam brush. Then it cleans like magic.

the difference is friction. Also, commercial carpet is mostly plastic. When blasted with water it will resist water to impair cleaning and since it has no water retention, water will be pulled into the backing by gravity and then potentially wick back upon drying.

When the benefits of encapping is explained properly. It will help to separate you from your competition and perhaps even give you a higher price than your competition while you gain more jobs.

Last edited:

Dirty Swirler

Name
Joel Hoppe

When experimenting with encap solutions on one restaurant I used a 12 ph prespray that was not an encap--then used a 9ph encap solution with machine and pads. The pres-spray cut through the soil faster then a 9-10ph regular encap made for grease and I assumed the 12 ph prespray would resoil fast because I did not extract with HWE.

On one job I did this I could only check carpet 1 month after. On another job I was able to see carpet several times over six months. Both jobs the carpet stayed clean longer then when I used 12ph prespray and rinsed with a 5ph rinse through my truckmount. I do not claim to understand encap science---all I can do is explain what I see on my jobs.

Dirty Swirler

Name
Joel Hoppe
Would you on a regular basis encap a greasy restaurant? And if you do, what if anything do you add to you encap juice?

The one problem with restaurants and pads is , you need fiber pads to aggitate and absorbent pads to remove soil---it may be a lot of pads to make it look good. I was able to use fiber pads for most of the floor that cost $7 a piece and you throw them out so you do not have to wash them. After carpet looked and smelled better I would use absorbent pads sparingly in bad areas like entryways. All encap companys sell boosters or products just for grease removal --example Hotknife from vacaway. That is more expensive on heavy soil jobs vs the fuel it costs to run the truckmount for that job. The only time truckmount hurts is repair time or my yearly bill of $12-$14,000 for fuel. Charge for costs and they are covered . If you can afford to have both methods you get to pick. My videos were to show it can be done.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with Joel.

I would not encap a greasy restaurant, if they wanted low moisture, I would OP it.

Greasy soils should be removed, if you felt like you needed to use the Cimex I'd at the very least pickup the heavy soil first.

Neil King

Name
Neil King

I've done the vacuum test you describe and the dirt cup was full of a fine dirty powder. This was a very dirty rental. The catch was I had to use a lot of encap juice, but it definitely worked.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I agree with Joel.

I would not encap a greasy restaurant, if they wanted low moisture, I would OP it.

Greasy soils should be removed, if you felt like you needed to use the Cimex I'd at the very least pickup the heavy soil first.

What Richard said.... As for additives I would use hot water a double shot of Snake Oil and a splash of Magic Bullet...

Last edited:

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I lack heat using portables so I utilize my 175 with some Pixie Juice. I do Wendy's grease pits quarterly and are black.

I take a lightly soiled or new Fiber pad or Jeremy's umm PlAneTaRy pads! :) Mix Releasit DS2 at 8-10 oz to 1 Gallon or Snake Oil TS High Foam at 6-8 ounces. Then 2nd time over with Thick cotton bonnets. Will look just as good if not better than HWE. Kind of Hack-Ish but I do work in HWE Yearly. Key is not wasting a new scrubbing pad. Use one that is lightly soiled or just use new pad VERY conservatively and clean 2nd time good with bonnets. Good to go.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've done the vacuum test you describe and the dirt cup was full of a fine dirty powder. This was a very dirty rental. The catch was I had to use a lot of encap juice, but it definitely worked.
Bet you that you would have got that fine soil regardless, more likely you would have gotten that fine soil had you PRE vacuumed

I wouldn't think of encapping a resty. Prespray with Attack, or S&G, run the temp and pressure up, and amazingly it rinses off. And with a greenhorn, ain't getting any residue.
IF I were going to run a pad, I'd run the Cimex with S&G as the prespray, then rinse. It certainly wouldn't be a speed cleaning.

Neil King

Name
Neil King
Bet you that you would have got that fine soil regardless, more likely you would have gotten that fine soil had you PRE vacuumed

I wouldn't think of encapping a resty. Prespray with Attack, or S&G, run the temp and pressure up, and amazingly it rinses off. And with a greenhorn, ain't getting any residue.
IF I were going to run a pad, I'd run the Cimex with S&G as the prespray, then rinse. It certainly wouldn't be a speed cleaning.

I did pre vac- with the same vacuum. Normally I get a combination of dust, dirt, and sand when I vacuum a dry carpet. This was different, it was definitely a powdered dirt. I did a white cotton bonnet test after I vacuumed and it came out white. I don't do that much encap anymore, I'm 95% HWE, but there is no doubt in my mind that it works- but you have to use a lot of juice.

I wouldn't encap a restaurant either, way too much grease and oil.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas

First of all, I don't make a practice of recommending Encap for restaurants. Why? Because if I did, then everyone would say - hey it's recommended for restaurants let's use it on that greasy diner that hasn't been cleaned since Clinton was the president. Encap is a process of absorbing the soil into a polymer package. It's like you're playing Pacman with the polymer. And there's a limit to how much soil the polymer can gobble up. A grease pit would qualify as "pushing the envelope" for an encap polymer.

Now that I've got the disclaimer out of the way, I'll say that there are a number of guys successfully using Encap on restaurants. In your question Jesse - you asked... Would you on a regular basis encap a greasy restaurant? On a "regular basis" sounds like you're planning a regular routine of maintenance using encap. In that case encap can work well. For example, if the restaurant is being cleaned on a monthly basis, encap may do the trick for you.

The way to handle this is to keep your eyes open. LOOK at the carpet. Observe how it is holding up. At some point along the maintenance cycle you may interject some hot water extraction or even some bonnet cleaning to pull-off/extract some additional soil. This is the approach guys are taking who are being successful with encap in restaurants. If you'll monitor the carpet, you will likely find that the carpet can go a long long way with a good encap program.

You also asked... "And if you do, what if anything do you add to you encap juice?" I would highly recommend that you DON'T add anything to your encap solution. A true encap product that contains a good polymer package will not tolerate other chems being added. There's a fine balance in a good encap formula between the detergent side of the equation and the encap side of the equation. Adding ingredients to the mix can offset that balance, and encapsulation will be compromised.

In the Releasit line, we recommend pre-spraying with Encap-Punch and then cleaning with Encap-Clean DS2 for heavily soiled areas. Encap-Punch is an encap pre-spray that can be used in conjunction with the other Releasit detergents. You won't normally need to pre-spray every square inch with Encap-Punch - just the traffic areas. This isn't always needed, but when the carpet is heavily soiled it makes it quicker to to scrub the carpet and you'll also be able to dispense a little less juice as you're scrubbing.

If I can answer any questions feel free to contact me with an email or a PM.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom