Would you go head out on a route if there was no power available

Mikey P

Administrator
Prevac, CRB or 175, Multi Sprayer, fans, lamps??

Sure most jobs can be done with out any of the above, but we're premium....

KSBW Monterey: Santa Cruz residents in limbo as PG&E delays power shutoffs.

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Prevac, CRB or 175, Multi Sprayer, fans, lamps??

Sure most jobs can be done with out any of the above, but we're premium....

KSBW Monterey: Santa Cruz residents in limbo as PG&E delays power shutoffs.
You idiots keep using those inline paint filters. Just change the filter every 15minutes and you'll be fine. It's CALIFORNIA STUPID! The humidity is stupid low. What the hell do you need a fan for?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm really just pissed that you still use a tile wand on hardwood with your caveman mentality thinking that 200psi shooting water in between the hardwood planks (with the water jets designed to blast grout) is better than a crb brush with water sprayed on the brush, not the floor.

Basic pissed me off last week with their crappy stripper dissolver chemical, but besides that, the dirt dragon (stupid name) did an awesome job cleaning the floor better than a tile wand

Am I doing a good job at screwing up your thread melon head?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Welcome to my world. Yesterday was one job after another with no power. I actually was wishing I was in my other van because my Amtex has a generator where I can plug in my CRB. That is how the Diesel fired burner runs.

Anyway, one of my jobs was in a little mountain town called "Shingletown". There is a subdivision up there with all the streets named after Disney characters. I was cleaning a house on Chip-N-Dale. While driving up there I felt the wall hit me and I had to go to the bathroom really bad. I was getting the cold sweats and felt my spine go numb. I was looking for a place to pull over and get in the back of my van so I could sit on a 5 gallon bucket. Thank God I made it to the house, and I had brought my own T.P..

Ok, back to my story, So when I got up there I rolled down my van windows. I wanted to see if I could hear the sound of generators filling the mountain air as I drove through the neighborhood. Sure enough, it was.

Got to the house, no power, (went to the bathroom) because the property was covered in Ponderosa pines It was very dark. So I sprayed a heavy dose of Nano down, scrubbed with my foot, and extracted. Thankfully the water worked because the neighborhood well pumps were hooked up to generators.

Power still out today in many parts of Shasta County. My youngest boy's school is still out today. 3rd day in a row. He'll be coming to work with me again.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The biggest issue I'm seeing is people don't know how to act when they come to an intersection where the stoplights are out. They just speed right through them.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Matt Ross
Got generators if necessary. I ran my vibe on it one time. I was cleaning a bank and the power went out. Snaked a cord through the deposit box and ran the vibe inside. Worked good. Most of my commercial accounts are medical and have generators. And I do janitorial at the power company and waste water treatment plant localy. Almost have the monopoly.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Crazy windy here. Power out in some of my area. Big residential job postponed this morning. Told long-time customer I have a generator, but he said lets do it next week.

Dug generator out of the garage. Started on first pull on old gas with StaBil after sitting for at least 18 months.

Son-in-law is L.A. County F.D., and currently on the Sylmar fire, fanned by the wind. He's worked with me over the years, and will probably take over the biz when I'm done.

Springsteen's "Blowed Away" just came up on the rotation.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Alternator is the generator. It got two or three plugs behind it. One to power the burner. You can also run long extension to operate vacuum and rotary if needed
Thought they had a separate belt driven generator head

Reactions: DAT
Name
Matt Middleton
We have always had power inverters on the vans. Occasionally we have rentals/move ins that MUST be done with out power. Using a Trex/360i and having a couple of blowers going the job still gets done.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have a 3000 watt inverter on my little box truck. Powered an alternator on the cleaning unit. Can run a vacuum or power head or light stands.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The realtors I work with know I need power to vacuum.
And they like for me to vacuum.
It’s all in how you educate them.
Mine as well. I also trained them to have the water turned on also before I arrive. I'm not the only one who needs the water turned on. The house cleaners need to come before we show up

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom