Would You Say Something, Or Keep Your Mouth Shut.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I clean for a large complex of apartments, and the management has it's workers "Steam clean" the apartment units with a weak portable. They call me when their job doesn't come out too well, which is just about every job.

I cleaned 2 today, and it was obvious that the employees just didn't know or care about cleaning the carpets. I suspect they used the "Glug-glug" method of mixing chems, and the beige carpets were browning and covered with residue, plus their wand had a clogged jet.....many streaks!

Now....should I get with the manager and maybe instruct them as to what to buy in chems, or just shut up and take the work. I don't mind the jobs, but the setup is a PITA because of lack of water outlets. I can live without them, but it's an easy and quick pay account.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I think you should sit down with him and explain that they are always going to get crappy results because they aren't properly trained, they don't care and their equipment is sub-par. Might as well just use a professional and get great results every time.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
+ if they keep fooking up cleaning in-house. It's more work for you and you can be the go to hero.

So, shut yo mouf.

F

FB7777

X3

Outside of the difficulty with water setup , it sounds like easy money

Don't feel guilty like you are "withholding" info from them about how they could perform the work better

This is your livelihood and you've earned your tricks of the trade , why give them away for free?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Erskine Allin said:
Now....should I get with the manager and maybe instruct them as to what to buy in chems

hell no..

and this is why

[quote:3c9jfi9b] it's an easy and quick pay account.

..L.T.A.[/quote:3c9jfi9b]

I guess you're right, Larry. It is a quick pay account, usually less than a week. And they're soooohappy at the results I get for them. Kinda like cleaning a house where the custy uses their own "steam cleaner", loads up on high residue solution, and the carpets "filthy out" after a few weeks or months. You take your "hi flow" equipment into these houses and just peel back the traffic lanes like magic!

I might just install some type of fresh water tank....maybe 50-100 gallons.....just to clean these places with out the water hookups headaches.

Hey, Larry.....you been feeling the earthquakes coming from our area out in your neck of the woods???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I might tell them just to get it off my chest and to show them I really care about what they place looks like.

It's not like it will make much difference, you've got people running these machines that don't care about what they are doing. They are clock punchers that are just giving it the once over.

Even with clean jets and the right amount of chems, they are not going to give heavily soiled areas the attention they need. Plus they won't spot the spots or make an extra vacuum pass either.

Your cleaning will always be superior, not just because you're you using a TM but more importantly because you care about the finished product and they don't.

Or maybe I give them an estimate on professionally maintaining it and just show him pictures of what he's crews are currently producing. :twisted:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Richard C. said:
I might tell them just to get it off my chest and to show them I really care about what they place looks like.

It's not like it will make much difference, you've got people running these machines that don't care about what they are doing. They are clock punchers that are just giving it the once over.

Even with clean jets and the right amount of chems, they are not going to give heavily soiled areas the attention they need. Plus they won't spot the spots or make an extra vacuum pass either.

Your cleaning will always be superior, not just because you're you using a TM but more importantly because you care about the finished product and they don't.

Or maybe I give them an estimate on professionally maintaining it and just show him pictures of what he's crews are currently producing. :twisted:

X2.

Take care,
Lisa

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rwcarpet said:
Hey, Larry.....you been feeling the earthquakes coming from our area out in your neck of the woods???

no i haven't, RW

But they'll be fracking under my house by this time next year I reckon .
The six acre control "pad" is going in appx 3/4 of a mile from my house.
They started clearing and grading that area about month ago

Chesapeake out of Oklahoma is the company putting in this one .
Other outfits are also buying leases in the county .

i discovered I was fortunate to have Chesapeake buying the leases in my 'hood .
i found out they paid us almost FOUR TIMES as much for the lease rights compared to several of my friends in other parts of county that sold theirs to other fracking outfits .... 8)

My farmer neighbor prob'ly got more than a $500,000 check .
and should see monthly royalty checks in excess of $22,000 a MONTH.. :shock:

He's 75 years old, had his hip replaced 6 years ago, has one of the nicest farms in the county , has a bundle of dough already , still farms full time (though he did hire a hand a few years ago) .
I have no doubt Ray will be farming for as long as he's able to get out of bed in the morning

...easy street stream of income or not

..L.T.A.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Erskine Allin said:
rwcarpet said:

no i haven't, RW

But they'll be fracking under my house by this time next year I reckon .
The six acre control "pad" is going in appx 3/4 of a mile from my house.
They started clearing and grading that area about month ago

Chesapeake out of Oklahoma is the company putting in this one .
Other outfits are also buying leases in the county .

i discovered I was fortunate to have Chesapeake buying the leases in my 'hood .
i found out they paid us almost FOUR TIMES as much for the lease rights compared to several of my friends in other parts of county that sold theirs to other fracking outfits .... 8)

My farmer neighbor prob'ly got more than a $500,000 check .
and should see monthly royalty checks in excess of $22,000 a MONTH.. :shock:

He's 75 years old, had his hip replaced 6 years ago, has one of the nicest farms in the county , has a bundle of dough already , still farms full time (though he did hire a hand a few years ago) .
I have no doubt Ray will be farming for as long as he's able to get out of bed in the morning

...easy street stream of income or not

..L.T.A.

Well, Larry....how many acres do you have?? I'm sure you made a few bucks!

It's not the fracking that's causing the earthquakes, they say. It's the brine injection wells which are many 1000's of feet lower than the fracking wells that are PROBABLY causing the quakes. Brine is a byproduct of fracking, along with 100's of other chems used in the process. Remember, our area is full of old coal mineshafts, and they may just be starting to collapse. We've had many sinkholes open up in the area, and it's taken 1000's of yards of gravel and concrete to fill them up. But the seismographs have pinpointed the quakes to 12,000 feet under ground, where the brine injection wells happen to stop.

There is never progress without problems in anything we do. The gas fracking is a boom to our economy around here.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
you could plug up their other jet and they won't mess it up as bad for you, they use less solution, saves them money, and you still get the work.

I'd most likely tell them and mention that since they are paying their guys to do it and then paying me, what would it take to just let me do all their work? Would cost them less in the long run.
Where's that thread about FW tanks and the pros and cons? Here's a good reason to have one.

Magic One

Hey Larry you should buy some earth quake insurance. Hate to see tha PM drop 10,000 ft. :lol:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
As far as the employees go you can only teach retards so much before their head explodes.

C

cucu

keep your mouth shut
take the money

it,s a pm company any or all the staff can be fired tomorrow ,and then you get to start all over again

Name
Scott
Sounds like an opportunity to make some money. I would offer an exclusive price of $95/unit base price and a price of $175 minimum to save the carpets they cant. Apartments should only take 30-40 minutes anyways.

Back
Top Bottom