Would you use this stair tool.

It is a 1.5 inch two jet straight handle stair tool. The cost is around 150. I would like to find a similar tool with two inch diameter. A glide is not neccessary but couldn't hurt. I have about 400 dollars of instore credit.

IMAG01681.jpg

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
:roll: Just use a whip line when you do the stairs, Whats the problem? you guys go overboard with this 2 inch crap and why would you need a glide on a stair tool?

I have never used a stair tool. I have always used my upholstery tool, but now I just use my prochem wand. I need a stair tool for aesthic reasons and I know I am totally hacking steps out even though they look great when I am done. Atleast I vacuum them first. For 150 that tool would work great and I keep a 5 foot whip hose for upholstery that I could use with the tool. I want to hear from someone using Jeff's stair tool. Is it worth the price. It looks like a great tool. I agree about a glide on a stair tool. A slot would be great.

Name
Nate W.
I have 2 of those. I don't use them. I have a Prochem stair tool that works ok. It's about half the size of that one. I also got one of those swivel stair tools when I bought some equipment, but never used it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
It is a 1.5 inch two jet straight handle stair tool. The cost is around 150. I would like to find a similar tool with two inch diameter. A glide is not neccessary but couldn't hurt. I have about 400 dollars of instore credit.

IMAG01681.jpg

That looks like it is the perfect "HeiGhT".....for an everyday wand for you... :shock:

just kiddin.. :wink:

Name
Nate W.
On a second look, I don't have 2 wands like that. Those look like a AW29 wand head with a straight tube.

I have the 2 PMF stair tools. I'm seeing if I can modify them. :D

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
danielc said:
I have never used a stair tool. I have always used my upholstery tool, but now I just use my prochem wand. I need a stair tool for aesthic reasons and I know I am totally hacking steps out even though they look great when I am done. Atleast I vacuum them first. For 150 that tool would work great and I keep a 5 foot whip hose for upholstery that I could use with the tool. I want to hear from someone using Jeff's stair tool. Is it worth the price. It looks like a great tool. I agree about a glide on a stair tool. A slot would be great.

Just by a $130.00 PMF stair tool (not the swivel) they work fine and it's a hell of a lot better than hacking out stairs with your regular wand. :roll:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Glided procehm stairtool. Connects straight to my 2 Inch hose and valve will take 500-600 psi. I like it because I don't have to run out to my machien to turn down the pressure or grap an extra whip line. I know I'm lazy, but it sure does clean stairs very well!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Ryan said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Carpet-cleaning-22-Stair-Tool-Prochem-style_W0QQitemZ320479949556QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9e17f2f4#ht_1870wt_986

This one looks nice for the price.

I have one just like that, it is a good tool. I didn't put the handle on it, it's light enough to use with one hand. You can also use it on large pieces of upholstery.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
mine looks very similar to that one i hook a 2 in straight to it. the vacuum is so loud you can't hear yourself think. i used a small hose cuff and put the 2 right over it. fits like an o.j. glove.

gene

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
sweendogg said:
Glided procehm stairtool. Connects straight to my 2 Inch hose and valve will take 500-600 psi. I like it because I don't have to run out to my machien to turn down the pressure or grap an extra whip line. I know I'm lazy, but it sure does clean stairs very well!

:? who has to turn down thier pressure when they use a stair tool?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
everfresh1 said:
sweendogg said:

I would say you don't HAVE to, but I usually do as well. I don't run to the truck, I just partially close the valve ATW

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
rhino1 said:
everfresh1 said:
sweendogg said:

I would say you don't HAVE to, but I usually do as well. I don't run to the truck, I just partially close the valve ATW

Yea.. sometime I partially close the ball valve as well, But only if I'm cleaning a Berber or something and spashing all over the place,

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Alot of stair tools only have a 500 psi valve. I consistantly run at 650 psi and on the swivel head I started with the valve would always break down. They just didn't like the higher pressure. And I don't understand why you guys would run glides on your carpet wands but not your stair tools. Stairs are so much easier to clean with a glided stair tool.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
I want to hear from someone using Jeff's stair tool. Is it worth the price. It looks like a great tool. I agree about a glide on a stair tool. A slot would be great.

that would be me

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

the Greenie tool is the tall one
the other came from the e-bay vendor that Ryan put up a link for.
'cept i didn't notice if the one shown in Ryan's link accommodates 2" hose.
(that vendor sells both...one w/2" end and one w/1.5 )
Mines the "TM" stair tool = 2" end
It's an very good, solid well made tool and an EXCELLENT value.
The valve is a cheap "K" valve, but I've never had a problem with K and P valves.
They last us as long at the Westpac Feather touch valves that are board board de juor valve...they're just not a "feather touch" trigger.
but we don't blow silly PSI though .

The Greenie tool;
Build like a tank, rock solid and LONG
too long for "my" likes ..for stairs anyway.
I'd rather use a wand ...and do... then detail with the smaller, more agile tool when needed .
If you like a LONG stair tool, you should like GT
It's great (to me) as a multi-purpose tool though and I'm glad I have one on the van.
The Little Genies use both tools about equally for stairs from what I've observed ..seems like they grab which ever one is closer when reaching into the van...
Shane, the tall Little Genie (6' 2") likes the GT, Cody and I are about the same height (5' 9")
I see him using the shorter tool more often than not, unless Shane already brought in the GT

a glide on steps is a waste IMO....we've pulled ours off
mostly cause it's just not needed.
and secondly, if the steps are dirty, an unglided tool cleans better/deeper on cut piles.

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom