Woulda, coulda, shoulda wish list

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
so if you were building a new work truck what features would you add, like having, seen that you want, added features to make work more efficient?

Not looking for the machine or van but everything else.

Mikey P

Administrator
Being able to get most anything out without having to remove other (large) gadgets is king.

Being able to work in the rain without ruining stuff.

I don't want to smell urine and waste tank funk between jobs so make that tank drain easy and well.

Speed bumps don't cost me money in waster chems.

When I open the roll top or barn doors innocent bystanders say "Wow, you mean business..."

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Always wanted electric reels.

My Cleanco has 2 spot lights. One on the side, lighting the instrument panel and another in the back. Super handy.

I wish my fresh tank was mounted in the center of the van for better weight distribution.

Pork holes would be nice.

Reactions: hogjowl

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I don't want to smell urine and waste tank funk between jobs so make that tank drain easy and well.
A solid partition behind the seats also fixes this problem as well as making it nice and cool between jobs. I wouldn't be without this and it works great for me, I'm 5'7". If your much taller you'll have to figure a way to move the partition back so the seat goes all the way back.
2004Chevvan004.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks great!

We used to have a wall like that in one of our early TM's. My father even put a plexiglass window in so you could still see when backing up. It helped keep the cab cool in the summer and warmer in the winter. I'm not sure why we didn't continue with them as we replaced trucks. ???

Maybe because we were no longer the one's on the truck? :icon_twisted:

hogjowl

Idiot™
The problem I see with those solid plywood patricians is that they block airflow. I need all the circulation of air that I can get to help keep my TM cool. I have every door and window open, unless it's raining. Maybe I could get away with that if I didn't have a #4 Little Giant stuffed back there putting out so much heat?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
The problem I see with those solid plywood patricians is that they block airflow. I need all the circulation of air that I can get to help keep my TM cool. I have every door and window open, unless it's raining. Maybe I could get away with that if I didn't have a #4 Little Giant stuffed back there putting out so much heat?
I have a #3 Little Giant, it's not a problem for me although My unit is water-cooled and it has a large cooling fan on top of the unit that blows out the top front and get a lot of heat out of the van.
IMG_0278_zps9aefab28.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator

How many times a day do you change your fancy fly fishing shirt in August?

steve_64

some time back someone down under posted some pics of a van with drawers on the floor for tools and what not.
everything carpeted too. looked real nice.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
On our old Steam Genie that has a propane Onan we had a roof vent over the unit and when the front windows were down and the vehicle was moving it did a good job of letting the hot air pass out the roof. When the unit was running you could see the heat waves coming out of the roof vent. We also usually vented our heaters up and out through the roof.

Thank gawwd for heat exchange and we don't mess with cutting holes in roofs anymore. :winky:

Reactions: hogjowl

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
So here is where I'm at today in my thought process:

Electric vacuum reel 250'.
Live solution reel 200 foot.
120 waste tank.
120 fresh water tank.
Dual chemical tanks around 10 gals each. One as rinse and other a detergent with switch valve.
Led working light bar out side door.
Led Working light out rear door
Led cargo lights
L-track waistline and shoulder height
Fully lined walls for protection.
Linex or rhino lining on bed and up walls about a foot
Rear bumper step for easy access.
Fan shelf for 4 fans (maybe 6).
chemical shelving
Port access on side door
Water softener
Wall hooks for hoses, cords etc.
Courtesy water hose.

Reactions: Mikey P

Buck1955

Name
John
I'd linex the entire rear area, it will help keep dings off the sidewalls and helps with noise. If you guys want a partition that keeps out odors you may want to check out Sortimo, mine (Kargomaster) are perforated, not sealed.

Reactions: Mikey P

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I'd linex the entire rear area, it will help keep dings off the sidewalls and helps with noise. If you guys want a partition that keeps out odors you may want to check out Sortimo, mine (Kargomaster) are perforated, not sealed.

Sidewalls are fully protected already :)

Sortimo is Good stuff...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom