WOW..sapphire customer service..totally unexpected

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
man let me tell you that this company is in it for the long haul with service like this..

they shot so far over my expectations im speechless..and want to publicly say thank you

as i stated before i was having no issues with the rig running..its awesome, it was a custom design that i came up with that was just
fighting working with the system..problem solved and headaches over..

thanks sapphire!
dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
no..mike sent me the good news just a little bit ago..
who's scott?

mike i will post pics again to refresh memories..i posted the set up as it was being installed..

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
lol not you ya goof..mike the sapphire rep..

Jim the 2 tanks will not work together ever in any way..so a auto pump out is on its way and the tanks will be separated then the apo will feed the aux tank with a auto shut off then the stock tank will start till fill giving me the 200 gallon capacity I need.

Lots of time and trial and error went into realizing the aux tank is not compatible

Thanks for your help on troubleshooting as well..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so does that mean that you are going to have to set up the APO hose all the time..........??

Name
Jesse
Dave, was the problem that the 2nd tank was shorter than the primary tank? It looked that way in your pics of the install.

If not, then what was the problem? We run 2 waste tanks on 3 of our trucks with no problems.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
No the apo will fill the 2 nd tank with a float switch. When it's full it will shut off and start filling the stock tank

The 2 nd tank is the same size as the stock tank but when hooked together the stock tank sucks the aux tank into the stock tank
We even put a hose connection the tanks on the top as well.

Not sure why the tanks fought with each other

Name
Jesse
Interesting. APO will work but here is how our dual waste tank systems are set up, they maintain equal level:
-2" PVC connects the drain ports
-3/4 or 1" hose connects the tanks just about 4 inches above the bottom
-2" Pvc connection on top of the tanks
-We have a vacuum hose from each tank to a Y feeding the wand but I don't think that has anything to do with why they remain level
-Both tanks are receiving vacuum from the blower through a Y. I also don't think this matters either.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
mine are connected at the bottom via a 2" hose and a 2" hose on the top connecting both tanks..

the origional thought was everything would gravaty feed and would be fine..nope, the sapphire sucks the aux tank contents into the stock tank..its crazy..deff had me scratching my head lol

Name
Jesse
We do have a relief built into each tank, however I block one off completely with Gorilla tape.

The reason I don't think them dual feeding is the reason they stay level is that occasionally a rag will block one hose and they will still remain level even though most water initially ends up in the unblocked tank.

I'll test this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom