Wow, Sold 2 Color Sealing jobs and don't have the juice yet.

John Watson

We clean a clients dining room carpet 3-4 times a year. Her grout in the kitchen is atroshish. I haven't approched her about her grout till yesterday. I have been doing her daughters T&G for years. She wanted to know why I haven't ask ed her before now? I explained that the products I had avalible to me before now just were like a covering and we have now found a few products that will actually penetrate and be absorbed into the grout. She wants it done first couple of weeks in Oct.

Our next job yesterday also had T&G kitchen/dining room floors and counter Tops. So I open up the yapper on this Color sealing process I am checking out. They were estatic, they were planning to have someone come in and remove the old grout everywhere because of it darkening and looking splotchy in the traffic areas no mater what they have tried to clean it with, and put in new next spring when the get back from being a snow bird. Now they want us to color seal all the T&G when they return.

I guess my next question is GP or TOG?? What is the major differences?? how does it absorb into areas that have oil and greese? Please those who have and use these products, what are the pros and cons?

TimP

I orderd some TOG stuff to try out. I'll let you know how it goes when I get it.

safeclean

Go with Grout Perfect awesome product to use and the service back up and training is all over there competition. I have not used TOG but from what I here this is the list from other color sealers.

1. Grout Perfect
2. IAF
3.TOG
4. This old Grout

Try them all first but GP will come out ahead.

Craig

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
safeclean said:
Go with Grout Perfect awesome product to use and the service back up and training is all over there competition. I have not used TOG but from what I here this is the list from other color sealers.

1. Grout Perfect
2. IAF
3.TOG
4. This old Grout

Try them all first but GP will come out ahead.

Craig

Of course you would put the product you sell at the top of the list, kind of shameful.

FYI, TOG=This Old Grout

Grout perfect & TOG have about the same amount of faithful users, you cant go wrong with their products, its really a coin toss, try them both & decide.

safeclean

Jim fair comment shameful never.

That list is from experienced color sealing applicators all around the world not all of them but how do you think I started, sure I sell and use Grout Perfect now but those products that at least made the list are great as well but myself and many others like GP a lot more and there are many reasons why, it is not a supplier advert just a field tested list and an opinion from some applicators.

The grout perfect website that I run here in Australia works for me both ways customers call me for grout cleaning and re coloring which is 80% and others call me to start there own businesses or add on extra services.

Craig

Tile Nerd

TOG is the total package. Cleaners, sealers (impregnating, enhancing, color seals & surface acrylics), honing powders, polishing powders, ridiculous support, training, marketing, estimating, management, ect... That's what I like about TOG. Pretty good prices too.

Both TOG and GP are modified acrylics and both are very good products. I prefer the one stop shop.

GroutManiac

Talk about biased comments, this thread runs rampant with people pushing their own product amazing.

I have been doing Stone, Tile & grout installation and restoration and specializing in complete and dustless grout removal and grout color sealing since 1994 and have used every colorant on the market as I am sure you all have.

Right...................?

I still use multiple colorant products. And would never rely on just one type since some will perform better than others given the circumstance.

And I believe that each manufacturers product has the ability to out perform the other depending on the restoration type.

The notion that one type of colorant can do any job is certainly limiting your resources. Especially in areas of maintaining stock, distribution and availability.

Tile Nerd

GroutManiac said:
Talk about biased comments, this thread runs rampant with people pushing their own product amazing.

BTW, I closed my supply house on Sept 1st. We were doing well selling TOG's stuff but couldn't tap into the local carpet cleaning market. We were turning a profit but not worth my time considering what I make in my service company. I turned the TOG line over to my previous supplier and now again current suppler. His name is Matt with Cross Country Supply at 512-451-5652.

My bias is that I have used many different products for cleaning, sealing, enhancing, honing, polishing, grinding, ect..., and I really like TOG. I believe them to be the total package.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom