WOW

Name
Ron lippold
Anyone offering in home cleaning. I have added this as a service and man i can believe how it has taken off. The long term value of a customer has gone way up with bi weekly house cleaning. I love it. I hired two more people this week.

G

Office Cleaning is more reliable; but residential can be good at times; good luck Ron; and welcome to the Janitorial world. I
just got another government contract today; Going to look at a banking account bid tomorrow.

My mom has had a house cleaning business for 25 years. The customers are loyal and they refer her to her friends like crazy. She hasn't done any advertising in 20 years and has over 100 customers that she services every week/or bi weekly.

I've started quoting all carpet jobs with a price for Weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly house cleaning price. I've already gotten 3 more houses for her. We tell people that we will just try it out. Sometimes it just doesn't work out some people expect you to do way too much laundry dishes and clean up after party. (cust. expect normal cleaning price) Other customers she has had for 25 years. We weed out the ones that just don't work out and give to my aunt. LOL

Both my younger sisters work with her and I plan on building up on this business. I service almost all of those customers carpet tile and air duct cleaning needs. I also take care of floods for them. I have been taking care of them when I worked for other companies in the past.

Nice post Ron. We should go over some different marketing stuff.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Ron, Tell me more. Every service I think about adding on involves a 10K investment in equipment. I started out in the janitorial biz and have to bid lower than 10 years ago to get new accounts. I like the idea of house cleaning at least its 9-5 hours. Do you pay the cleaners by the hour or as contractors? How much training / supervision is involved? How are you marketing your service?

Name
Ron lippold
This is a service that even in hard times people have to have, they just work way to hard. Keeping the house clean is not a luxury, it has to be done. I pay the girls by the hour for the hours worked. In my area the franchises are charging in the neighborhood of 71.50 an hr per person so we charge a little more. Most people are going for bi weekly which makes the yearly value in the neighborhood of 4000 with out the carpet or tile or stone work that is extra.

My investment so far is is in the neighborhood of 1200 including all supplies and shirts business card, postcard and invoices.

If you want to know a little more just give me a call.

Chris A

Name
Chris
not a bad plan, my wife was talking about doing it for a while, but got away from it for some reason...

G

Do you have License, Workman's Compensation, and are they properly bonded(I recommend at leat 10k bond to protect yourself).

House cleaning has been great for my mom. She makes her own schedule. She would put us kids on the bus and be home by the time we were done with school. She makes more money then she would ever make at a normal job. Very flexible and once the customers get to know you they give you a key to the house and leave the money on the table.

She loves it and it has been good to our family.... :) Great part time job for your spouse...IMO...it is hard work though!

Name
Ron lippold
the best part of it for me is Im creating value yes for me but for the client and most important the girls that I have doing it. Now I have to find a air duct cleaner and a landscaper, more value added services.

Thanks sfs
ps You to steve t

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've always womdered how they price their services.

Do they itemize and custom bill to fit the customer?

And tell me your pricing structure.

Many of the smaller mom and pop house cleaners get paid in CASH.

Name
Ron lippold
we have a check list and a area for special conditions. in normal conditions it will take a team of two about 2 hrs to clean 1000 sq ft

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Ron Lippold said:
This is a service that even in hard times people have to have, they just work way to hard. Keeping the house clean is not a luxury, it has to be done. I pay the girls by the hour for the hours worked. In my area the franchises are charging in the neighborhood of 71.50 an hr per person so we charge a little more. Most people are going for bi weekly which makes the yearly value in the neighborhood of 4000 with out the carpet or tile or stone work that is extra.

My investment so far is is in the neighborhood of 1200 including all supplies and shirts business card, postcard and invoices.

If you want to know a little more just give me a call.

Ron, is that right ???

$71.50 per hour per person. ???

Thanks,

:roll:

Name
Ron lippold
35.50 hr per person the large franchises send in 4 people for 1 hr at 142.00 for the bi weekly.first time or one time cleaning is more money

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Lippold said:
35.50 hr per person

ahh, that's sounds more like it.

drink your coffee and wake up, Son...
cause that's not what you posted originally

hope it works out for you, Ron.

you're sho-nuff a go getter, dude

..L.T.A.

my mom gets $60 - $85 per house. (she is on the lower end) She takes my 2 sisters(3 total employees) and they are in and out in about an hour...They clean 4 to 5 houses daily m-f, no weekend work. Her customers are very faithful...Almost everyone probably 80 percent pays double for the cleaning before Christmas. It's kinda like standard to give your house cleaner double the cleaning, as a tip for Christmas.(my mom loves the Christmas season)

CraigT

Name
Craig Tyler
wow great idea. time to see if my wife likes cleaning. maybe she could give me an early retirement :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've been doing it a little different and not sure I like this way.

I talked to Ron and he seems to have it figured out.

I have been subbing out (for lack of a better term) and not making much money on the house cleaning.
I haven't tapped my customer base becasue of it.

I have been thinking of actually hiring someone and start doing it right. Like Ron

I think a good investment would be if

"The first cleaning is "free" if you sign a 6 month contract of bi-weekly cleaning"

This would be for pre-existing customers only.

What do you think?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
House cleaners up here are only charging about $20 per hour per person.

I have a friend that cleans houses. I'll have to ask her what she charges. She'll spend about 2-5hrs in a house. She works by herself.

Name
steve snail
Wow I must be getting a bargain. Eighty bucks plus a 20 buck tip every other week. Takes her 4 hours.

Most of my customers "find" their cleaning personal using a service. Once they "find" someone they like, they hire them outright.

-JB-

Name
JB
I get 2 for an hour and a half at my house for less than that.

Ken we really don't wanna hear about your sexual perversions okay buddy? :roll:

Name
Ron lippold
the one the girls did today took them 3 hours 6 hrs total 2 girls. first time cleaning at 215 plus tax and bi weekly for 155.00 plus tax. I called the folks after they got home and they loved it. tehy gave us a key and a cc for processing every two weeks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom