WRAP IT OR LETTER IT?

Becker

Name
Becker
Trying to come up with a layout for the new van...

I've all ways just lettered, but I'm thinking of a wrap and wondering where to start.

I might reinvent my logo also.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Wraps are nice if they don't get too busy.If done right they can defidently make your van stand out in a crowd and look more professional than most lettering

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Not sure if you saw this thread Derek started

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showthread.php?269178-New-Van-amp-New-Wrap

Some nice info in here. Really like his link to a van wrap and branding site.

http://www.graphicd-signs.com/portfolio-vehicle-advertising#4

Maybe some ideas will flow from here for you. In took a quick look at your website and logo. You could do small tweaks and make that work or could consider rebranding if you felt the need. I would reccomend not swaying too far from what you have if you have a pretty good following, but a fresh look can help. Also consider large blocks of colors or graphics. Careful as mentioned not too get too busy so you cannot see your words. Also try and keep in mind that some signs look good standing still but are terrible on the move. I would be happy to look over anything you are thinking about and give input. I would be happy to help so you can take advantage of what I have learned from my mistakes and do keep learning to this day.

Mark Saiger

Becker

Name
Becker
u9y8y9a9.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Color Psychology

Colors have deep subliminal meanings that affect our thinking and rational. They have symbolic meaning that changes amongst different cultures and countries. We are faced with color choices all the time. The first crucial decision of the day usually comes in the morning when deciding what to wear. Often times we will choose our clothes based on the color of the mood we are feeling or wish to portray that day. Even more important than choice of wardrobe is the color selection for your brand or website. Color research and planning is a vital part of the design process. Before you even begin a design you must choose the appropriate colors that are effective in re enforcing the brand, message and overall tone.

Colors are a part of our pop-culture. We associate our favorite sports team by their team colors. Red Sox, White Sox, Cleveland Browns, Duke Blue Devils are among a few teams to incorporate a color into their name. Colors have become a part of our every day vocabulary; "Canary Yellow" "Carolina Blue" "John Deere Green" "Fire Engine Red."

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I think I might just find a designer to create me a wrap..

Sounds good. I have found a lot of times they are looking for direction, so if you have some ideas, it can also help.

Of course there are better designers in the industry just like there are better cleaners in our industry.

Should be a great opportunity for a brand modification which is also a nice way to put a bit more excitement in the business again. I always found is was fun to have a bit of personal change in my biz even just with a new uniform look or a bit of van and logo change.

Best wishes on the possible tweaks .

Mark

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom