Wrap or Lettering

Name
R.J. Povio
just doing a great job....like you already do RON!

Seriously I would buy and older truck...maybe one with some scratches (to save some money) and go nuts on a wrap. There is no way you can miss a really nicely done wrap!!!

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
A lettered truck is probably easier to maintain and repair.

Also easier to add to or change.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Photo-vinyl fades fastest, then mylars (chrome, gold), then cheap solid color vinyl. Top-grade stuff like solid color 3-M will last the longest.

We use photo-vinyl as Mike suggests; in areas that will cost less to change out than an entire wrap.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Unless you have an exceptionally good eye for graphic design, go with lettering.

Most wraps are over done, over hyped and make an over busy design. Too many options to go all out usually, does not make for a good design.

The owners think they are great (ego?)

And no one can possibly remember them.
On some, you can't even understand what it is that they actually do.

Less is more.
Simpler is better.

It's a formula for other areas of life too :p

Accept for vacuuming, off course.

F

FB7777

kolfer1 said:
Unless you have an exceptionally good eye for graphic design, go with lettering.

Most wraps are over done, over hyped and make an over busy design. Too many options to go all out usually, does not make for a good design.

The owners think they are great (ego?)

And no one can possibly remember them.
On some, you can't even understand what it is that they actually do.

Less is more.
Simpler is better.

It's a formula for other areas of life too :p

Accept for vacuuming, off course.
that is my exact opinion as well.

There are so many plumber, HVAC, Furniture store etc wraps around here its ridiculous

I nicely lettered truck and one or two eye catching graphics are best IMO

Take Hagopian's for example

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I really liked my Service 1 Carpet Cleaning Van back in the day.

Really caught the eye but was so simple.

If you do a wrap, it's the background of the artwork that makes all the difference and really the background is the only reason to have a wrap.
It can be bubbles or something like that I guess but it can't be overly dramatic....it's a background after all.

It's more important to make sure "what you do" stands out more so than "who you are" unless you have the money to burn on brand recognition.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-1.jpg

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Particle wrap with lettering I think works best. It is easy to change and thetop grade will last at least 5 years looking great.
I would not paint anything!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the lettering and such on my truck has a 5 year guarantee not to peal or fade.....I had the exact same stuff on the Vortex box and it was coming up on the 5 year mark before I got rid of it and it was showing no sign of any type of fading or pealing.....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have had just plain lettering, partial wraps and full wraps. Full wraps have been best for us but make sure you can read them and portray the image you are looking for. If I wasn't going to do a full wrap, I would make sure I had my van painted to the color I would want my bussiness known or branded. Too many white vehicles does not usually help in the crowd. In my area, we are the only company with wraps so as my competition just said the other day, "we stick out like a sore thumb". There is a electric company that just did a full wrap on their vans and they do stick out. I think a color to break away from the other service vehicles is important if anything.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Brians concept looks great. I wrapped both my service vans and have my estimate van lettered. Next van and I will do a large photo graphic and then die cut vinyl with the rest. My layout is very clean and simple. It can go either way.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm not looking to put a whole lot of background graphics as I've seen too many trucks where you haven't a clue as to what they do, the message gets lost in the picture.

The paint on my truck has gotten scratched up, looks dull. It needs to be redone. Doing a partial wrap isn't an option, ie using wrap material for an added picture. I'd have nice lettering on a dull looking surface.

I figure on two choices.
One, I can have a good paint job done and then I can letter or letter/wrap
or
Two, I can wrap the truck, changing the colour etc using the wrap like a paint job. I can add a graphic easy enough or it could look like a normal lettered truck, very clean look.

The question is referring to the durability of the wrap material vs paint. I'd never paint the letters or a picture.

Been thinking of a unique colour as well. Saw Service Master at a house and instantly knew who it was. You can use that to identify yourself to the customer, ie just look for the purple truck (my orig truck was purple)

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I'm working on a wrap for my 2006, I want to do a beautiful room on top with a flooded basement below it. Cleaning on top, wdr on bottom. Or, a clear sky sunset over a rough sea. Any graphic designers on here?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Ron,
Good vinyl will resist scratch damage from branches better than paint.

Once something does damage to the vinyl it's more costly to repair than paint.

Guess you'll have to get prices for painting and for vinyl and see what each will cost.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Ron Werner said:
I'm not looking to put a whole lot of background graphics as I've seen too many trucks where you haven't a clue as to what they do, the message gets lost in the picture.

The paint on my truck has gotten scratched up, looks dull. It needs to be redone. Doing a partial wrap isn't an option, ie using wrap material for an added picture. I'd have nice lettering on a dull looking surface.

I figure on two choices.
One, I can have a good paint job done and then I can letter or letter/wrap
or
Two, I can wrap the truck, changing the colour etc using the wrap like a paint job. I can add a graphic easy enough or it could look like a normal lettered truck, very clean look.

The question is referring to the durability of the wrap material vs paint. I'd never paint the letters or a picture.

Been thinking of a unique colour as well. Saw Service Master at a house and instantly knew who it was. You can use that to identify yourself to the customer, ie just look for the purple truck (my orig truck was purple)

How about keeping it simple.

Bright yellow with a giant happy face near the rear.

Would get attention.

Bjorn

hey DAVE

what's the problem of showing us some pics of your rigs

come on lets see your set up

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I am planning on keeping it simple but using a bright yellow background would take away from the new logo.

I need to get new shirts as well, when I decide on a background colour, that will determine the shirt colour.
White works but as someone mentioned, white is used a LOT and gets dirty faster, esp shirts. It is the easiest colour however.

Back
Top Bottom