Wrecked carpet cleaning vans

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
We have a local body shop on a main highway in my are that has been buying wrecked vans with truck mounts in them for a while now. He always has one on Jon-Don's sight and it ends up gone with in a week or so. He does not ever rebuild the van only fixes the machines and sells them. Most of the time the machines are direct drives and today I drive by and I see a Sears cleaning van that looked like it rolled with a HydraMaster CDS. This guy must be making money flipping these units or he would not be doing it, my question is where can he possibly be finding them? I have several auto body friends that go to salvage auctions and they all said they have never seen any where they go. I would love to find a deal and flip a few myself, this being here in Upstate New York. So my question is has anyone here seen or know of anyone who buy's and sells them out of wrecked trucks? Chime in truck mount dealers!

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I didn't think that would be where because last month he had a Chem Dry truckmount and a Paul Davis. That they financed their own vans pretty much .

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I picked up my extra Genesis 59 through a dealer, who had bought it from an auto salvage yard. It sat in a trailer that had rolled over. Got lot's of good parts from it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Check with the two truck drivers and see where they are taking them. There has to be a lot they are sitting in until the insurance company and bank settle on them.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
They have an insurance connection. These don't come up in the regular salvage arena, at least not often. When the insurance pays off the loss they then have to sell off the totaled vehicle and this man has a connection that bypasses the regular salvage auction which is a dealer only auction. You cannot just go to a salvage auction. Before I shut down our used car dealership this year we couldn't even go to the salvage auction without a salvage dealer number and since we didn't have a salvage yard we couldn't justify getting one. Long story short your not getting any wrecked units unless your friend wants to sell you one or you get your salvage dealers license.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I wonder if that pertains to NY law also considering you are speaking where you are..lol

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Your probably facing even greater regulations to get a dealer license. You will think holy shit why do I have to give permission to ALL law enforcement at ALL times to my records without even a thought to a warrant? That's the biggest but there is way more that will leave you wondering until you realize nearly every crime ever committed involved a vehicle at some point(Stolen, get away vehicle, used as a weapon, insurance fraud etc) and then it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom