Wrinkle Removing

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I did not see the video but would like to answer Charles Qeustion. If the seame looks good enough where it should not be opened , If possible I will make a new one it is easier to work with .

safeclean

Nice work there Steve thanks for sharing do you find the seam edges may delaminate after removing old tape and installing with KG tape it has not happened to me but I am coming across jobs in bad wear and tear areas and I am worried about it not handling this type of restoration what do you think.

Craig

Stevea

Charles,

I do like to open the existing seam when I am at doorways. You might be able to see in the video clip there is a saddle seam there already, so it only allowed me to open the same seam.

John,
Seams like this are fairly simple to do, the very nature of how it is opened will pull a lot of wrinkle out and then just trim it and put it back together. Anyone that can do inserts and grafting like you do would be able to do these types of re-stretches easy. There is not really that much to it since it is all somewhat net cut and you just trim the edges, unlike a full room re-stretch. This hallway had 5 doorways in it.

Craig,
Seams can sure have a lot of weakness to them as well as fraying. I like to trim that off when I can but sometimes you just have to work with what you have. In cases like this a slight trim is needed to take out the wrinkle so it helps prepare the edge to be put back together and works pretty well. I like working with doorway seams in general. Even if there is some bad fraying, you can often re-work the seam even if it is not square. Manipulation allows one to work a poor seam and still have it look pretty good. I recently did one that the donor piece came out of the heaviest of traffic areas and was all frayed and I could not trim any of it, so I simply worked the frayed edges into adhesive and then laid the seam together, There is a lot that can be done with a glue gun, Kool Glide and a mini stretcher.

Harry,
Thanks for the observations, your skills are always a help for all of us here.

SA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom