WRT Classes

Name
Evets
I took Barry Costa's class. Great teacher.
You must take the ASD to really understand the complete picture though. WRT is not enough,and you'll realize that once you've taken the class.
I took the ASD at Drieaz in Nashville.

LeeCory

Steven,

Don't know who is best, but I am also in Ohio and I am going to Boldens Hydro Lab in August to take the WRT and the ASD back to back. WRT Aug 13-15, ASD Aug 18-20.

I have missed out on a bunch of jobs because I was not trained to do this type of work.

Good luck

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gary is a good instructor, he has seen and done a lot of projects while working for Unsmoke.

I've sat in on his Fire class and it was excellent, I would think his WRT would be good too.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
there are WRT instructors and then there is Barry, trust me just go to a barry class, that guy is the best teacher I have ever seen, he TEACHES you, you know the info , with no studing from the book etc, the few questions I missed on the test where ones that where covered while I had to step out to take a phone call.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Steve Barry will be here in September. Get your boss to fly you out and we'll put you up in our house to save on getting a hotel. ( I probably should ask Lora but she'll be ok )

As already said Barry is a teacher FIRST. You cannot put a price tag on what you will come away with after 3 days spent with Barry. He is one of the top 3 influenances in my life.

TimP

Barry does a great job. If you don't pass the test after taking it with him then something is wrong with you. He makes it easy to learn the material not to mention as fun as it can be given the circumstances.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If he needs references we have had people from as far away as New Hampshire fly out to take his class. We would be happy to pick you up at the Airport and you can stay downstairs. (The BIG TV and XBOX are down there). Cost is $399. We feed you breakfast and Lunch each day and usually take a few people out to dinner with Barry one night. The class is limited to 25 people and only have 10 spots left (I over stuffed it last time and promised not to do it again)

LeeCory

Cost is $399?

What the heck? I just registered today at Boldens and it was $595 but I didn't send my check yet.

Does the price vary by where it is done? Should I look elsewhere than Boldens?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Answering a few questions -

The price for the class is set by the sponsor, not the instructor. So the same class taught by the smae instructor may not be the same price at every location. However, the sponsor has to cover whatever fee the instructor charges, pay for a manual for each student and so forth. So the fee is likely to be similar.

Barry sends ahead a semi-truck load of demo materials wherever his class is held. This includes a practice room to demonstrate techniques. Barry would not settle for teaching anything less than the best possible class regardless of the location.

There are a limited number of locations where the Applied Structural Drying (ASD) classes are taught. There must be a house of at least 1200 sq. ft. to actually flood and dry down. This allows the student hands-on practice. The costs of having such a house to flood make the price of a class at Bolden's, Dewald's, Joe's National Center for Advanced Drying In Anniston or either of the Dri-Eaz locations a bit pricier than a normal school in a classroom.

Taking nothing away from Barry, there are a number of excellent WDR instructors. We each learn in different ways. Barry provides a lot of information that may make some feel over-loaded. Some students might prefer another instructor. I learned a ton from Steve Swan at Dri-Eaz. Joe Dobbins is a little more low key than Barry, but makes sure every student knows the basics.

Scott Warrington

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have never seen or heard of anyone who thought barry's class was anything but the best possible instructor they could have taken, its impossible to feel overloaded because somehow that guy manages to transfer massive amounts of material into your brain, personally I got more than just the material out of the class, I have been to other IICRC classes taught by others, and barry makes them all look like rookies

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Barrys also teaching a WRT at jondon in dallas sometime in september. I am going to that one to brush up on the one I took from Jim Henry 6 or so years ago. WD is what will be added this year for my current clients.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Barry's Class is Septemeber 4,5 and 6th. and speaking of Joe Dobbins he will be here Septemeber 15,16,17 teaching FSRT (Fire and Smoke) and OCT.(Odor Control) Like Barry's Class the seating is limited and we have 10-15 seats left for Joe's Classes. The Cost for those are $279 (FSRT sept 16,17) and $179 (OCT Spet 15th)

We only bring in the best TEACHERS. We pay more for these guys to come in because we truly believe in education. We never want our classes to be thought of in MONEY over education this is a big reason we hire instructors outside of the vendors "suggested instructors" and have no desire to become or hire "In House/Staff Instructors"

Lee we would love to have you come out here. If you haven't sent the Check your welcome to come hang out in Utah. We would even try to put together a Utah Mikeysboard members dinner Saturday Night after class (Would even invite Scott to come :D )

WRT I took was in Dothan from Jeff, very good instructor did some hands on learned a lot.

ASD took it in Nasville at DRI-EZ very good class, flood house very hands on.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think you should never limit yourself to one brand or instructor. I would attend as many classes as you can afford, you never know what bits of info you many pick up that will make an impact on your business.

Even if you don't gain anything from the class (which I wouldn't believe possible) you have an opportunity to make relationships with others in the business and exchange information.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Barry is the instructor all other instructors look up to. He teaches over 20 classes a year for Jon Don at all locations. His house is at every location. or check Barrys website http://www.costagroupinc.com
August 6-8 Roselle, IL Bill Weigand
August 12-14 Atlanta, GA Kevin Fisher
August 12-14 Portland, OR Darren Hudema
August 18-20 Salem, NH Barry Costa
August 25-27Roselle, IL Barry Costa
September 17-19 Dallas, TX Barry Costa
October 1-3 St. Louis, MO Bill Weigand
October 22-24 Salem, NH Barry Costa
October 28-30 Seattle, WA Brandon Burton
October 30-Nov 1 Langhorne, PA Barry Costa
November 4-6 Roselle, IL Barry Costa
November 11-13 Tampa Bay, IL Barry Costa
November 18-20 Atlanta, GA Barry Costa

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
I agree Barrys Class is first rate, but Pat Dooley has to be the smartest water damage pro out there IMO, take his class, you will quickly see why I can say this without any hesitation.I took an ASD class from him in the past.He is one of if not the top large loss restorer in water damage in Canada!!

All the best on whatever you chose!!

Scott

Barry Costa is my pick as well. He will be in Detroit in October I believe.

Scott

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Well I told you that you can stay here so all you need is a plane ticket. I will pick you up and take you back to the airport and feed you well. We have 10 seats left so get the company card and get your seat paid for ASAP. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom