Xactimate Q

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I've put an invoice together for both mitigation and rebuild, but I wanted to separate the mitigation portion w/out adding the O&P to it and the rebuild w/ the O&P on the bottom.

I've seen on some adjuster's xactimate printouts where it'll say "mitigation" on the top right hand corner, would like to add that as well.

How do I separate the two from each other under one project I've already created, and put the O&P only for the repairs? It's showing O&P for everything at the moment.

Thanks,
Bill

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I called Xactimate and they were very helpful and walked me thru it.

Had to make 2 separate invoices and that way I could put the O&P on the rebuild only.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I would really like to have the Codes and Descriptions for the line items outta that program. I could pick and choose which ones to load in QB.

One thing I can tell you about any software is KEEP IT CLEAN AND ORGANIZED. Don't be a fudd and continuously add line items like misc. or enter data in the wrong fields because theirs not a convenient place for it, figure out how to do it right or In 10yrs you will hate yourself. Be consistent in your Data Entry Fields, if you ever crash, CLEAN DATA will save you a TON of time/money.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Consider getting the software - it's $133/mo for a seat.

Between the time you'll have tranposing the numbers to another ware, the time you'll save estimating, losing the bsc's, and the fact that the prices update every quarter by your zip code - if you are doing more than 20 losses a year - you are losing money not having it.

You can sketch out a basement in about 5 min - then just start applying line items - it does the qty calculations for you. Especially handy on rebuilds.

What I am finding is a lot of adjusters just accepting my price when it's done to the T the way they would have. They can save themselves the time and critique and nickel and dime the guy that sent in an excel or qb generated invoice.

Reactions: tmdry

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I agree, as soon as I even mention to them I use Xactimate they seem much more at ease.

J HARVEY

Name
J Harvey
You can click on unit price in each line item and it gives you a menu where you can click on /off overhead and profit. It can also be done in a block of items under Global Estimate Changes. However, I prefer to just write one estimate for mitigation and then copy it for the restoration or rebuild estimate and add the overhead and profit. I is less confusing for the customer and most insurance companies prefer this.

Reactions: tmdry

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You can click on unit price in each line item and it gives you a menu where you can click on /off overhead and profit. It can also be done in a block of items under Global Estimate Changes. However, I prefer to just write one estimate for mitigation and then copy it for the restoration or rebuild estimate and add the overhead and profit. I is less confusing for the customer and most insurance companies prefer this.

Yea, that's what I've been doing now...or trying to catch up to all xactimates at the moment.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom