Yeah Baby, Damon got a sweet ride :)

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I think you should paint it orange
I was thinking of something similar to this.
van1.png

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
which one? Gotta use the quote button. If you are talking about the box truck concept wrap-pic. Yeah, I'm not doing that one. It's going to be the one that's on the van. I just made that mock-up to see what that beater could look like.

J

JS41035

In all honesty man you might be throwing good money after bad. The cut-away van boxtrucks look less dated IMO. By the time you paint or wrap, put in a door,fix any mechanical issues and transfer all your stuff..... your probably spending a ton. I totally understand not wanting debt. New vehicles are such an easy way to squander money.
But in this instance a 5 or 6 hundred dollar payment on a Promaster probably will end up saving you money. Even a 2004 and up chevy or Gmc van cutaway style would be better. That body style still looks modern when compared to the 2017 gmc.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
In all honesty man you might be throwing good money after bad. The cut-away van boxtrucks look less dated IMO. By the time you paint or wrap, put in a door,fix any mechanical issues and transfer all your stuff..... your probably spending a ton. I totally understand not wanting debt. New vehicles are such an easy way to squander money.
But in this instance a 5 or 6 hundred dollar payment on a Promaster probably will end up saving you money. Even a 2004 and up chevy or Gmc van cutaway style would be better. That body style still looks modern when compared to the 2017 gmc.

I've made my battle plans and am moving forward. I can only do what is within my capabilities. I can't qualify for any loans right now, nor do I want to. So this is it for me until I build up my mountains of cash reserves. Hey, if it looks like a polished turd when i'm done, I can always sell it to Matt Wood :) . Sometimes I think we do things just to impress other carpet cleaners.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'v made my battle plans and am moving forward. I can only do what is within my capabilities. I can't qualify for any loans right now, nor do I want to. So this is it for me until I build up my mountains of cash reserves. Hey, if it looks like a polished turd when i'm done, I can always sell it to Matt Wood :) . Sometimes I think we do things just to impress other carpet cleaners.
If you can drive it all the way from your place to mine without any breakdowns, it'll be worth buying

J

JS41035

Right on
I'v made my battle plans and am moving forward. I can only do what is within my capabilities. I can't qualify for any loans right now, nor do I want to. So this is it for me until I build up my mountains of cash reserves. Hey, if it looks like a polished turd when i'm done, I can always sell it to Matt Wood :) . Sometimes I think we do things just to impress other carpet cleaners.
It's true customers almost never notice your truck. I have most of my tools to impress carpet cleaners. The 17 inch turbo hybrid is always on my truck. It makes me feel pretty.
I miss the old 2 jet aw29 and 6 flow days. 25' 1.5 whip. Now. Ehhh so much stuff.
You love a box. And you'll hate it. But I find that every thing just feels less cluttered.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I think it will be perfectly fine, as long as he cleans it up and looks decent the customer will never know the difference. Redding is not Beverly Hills, this is a redneck community, there is a lot of hard working folks in this town,
He will be fine, the 870 needs the room, he is making the best of it....Many will look at this thread and see that some of us had to make the best of what we have

smart n kleen

I think it will be perfectly fine, as long as he cleans it up and looks decent the customer will never know the difference. Redding is not Beverly Hills, this is a redneck community, there is a lot of hard working folks in this town,
He will be fine, the 870 needs the room, he is making the best of it....Many will look at this thread and see that some of us had to make the best of what we have
Damon is an awesome guy. He'll make it work fine. He needs to add more orange to his wrap lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom