Yellow marks while cleaning fabric cubicle dividers

Name
R.J. Povio
We where cleaning some fabric wall dividers at a car dealership yesterday. I noticed that where the sun would shine on the dividers a yellowish tint in the dirty water going through the clear sight glass on the upholstery tool. Also the fabric yellowed in some areas after I did other dividers. I did not notice the yellowish color on areas where the sun did not seem to hit. The fabric was a Gray color with no yellow in the fabric color. It came out after rinsing and then using some browning treatments. Has anyone had this happen? I think the backing/padding behind the fabric is deteriorating due to the sun.

Name
R.J. Povio
we wanded parts that we could and the parts we couldnt we used the dri-master upholestry tool. We used only 100-200 psi.

We did not pre spray the fabric. It didnt need it. The dirt and spots just washed out. So I do not think it was a pH thing. Although the yellow went away with browning treatments. Which would mean the pH of our cleaning solution could have done that. I have never had our cleaning solution yellow anything like that ever! Thats why I think it was the backing deteriorating and then bleeding through.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom