Yellowpages.com

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Any pros or cons about this?
Salesman says the "Book" is on its way out and most are looking on line for services.Gave a bunch of misleading numbers as all yellow page salesmen do.The page lists the top 5 franchise services first.

What are your thoughts?

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I just called to cancel. In all of my website inquiries, they found me through a general search engine . I told this to the AT&T rep this so she checked my account status. She said I averaged about 200 views each month for the last five months. I find that hard to believe. Unfortunately, I have until July before I can cancel.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
years ago i was running a dollar bill size add with Dex about 3 years ago the price jumped from 395 to 800.00 at which point i said no thanks.

late last year the Dex rep contacted me offering the same add in the same book for 210.00 again i said no thanks

paper phone books are dying

Al

I quit them too a year ago, maybe working better now?

Let's see what others have to say.

AL

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I hate it, I'm trapped into $190.00 a month. I can cancel it, but because it is part of a package then my display ad goes up more than the Yellowpages.com. I hate their games! :x

Try using it, it is not worth it in my opinion!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Its not the "Paper" book but the ON LINE version I'm talking about.
People look up carpet cleaning and look at your number and website.

Bob Foster

Demise of the phone book brought on by online users

Published: Monday, January 15, 2007
OTTAWA -- The march of technology has taken another victim. Starting now, the residential phone directory will be distributed only once every two years in four major markets across the country.

The trusty white pages have been an institution in Canadian homes for generations, allowing people to quickly look up the local pizza place or the number of an acquaintance.

However, with newer methods for finding phone numbers, Canadians are consulting the book less and less.

"People are using other means to find residential information," said Annie Marsolais, a spokeswoman for the Yellow Pages Income Fund, the company that publishes the phone book. "The number of unique visitors to our online Canada411.ca website has increased by 100 per cent over the past three years."

Marsolais said residents of Montreal, Toronto, Quebec City and Ottawa will receive the phone book on a bi-annual basis unless they apply to Yellow Pages to have their annual delivery continued.

The company said it has made a number of changes to the phone book, pulling out the government listings and all business listings. That information has been added to the Yellow Pages, which will continue to be distributed annually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom