Yelp auto checks multiple quote box, creating price shoppers, to drive their traffic

Name
Lyon
Getting quotes for an iron gate for my property, and had to remember to uncheck request multiple quote box. I doubt most customers want 10 carpet cleaners calling them for a minimum job, it’s confusing to the customer and the business owner. Should we report this this to the BBB? They probably won’t do anything about it anyways
14F9BD3C-C91A-4AC0-A4D1-C60252C8A06E.png

FredC

Village Idiot
Looks pretty visible and well explained.

Also it says yelp won't share the phone/email so how would the ten carpet cleaners call them. Seems communication would be through the app/site.

I can see where a company might get a bit ticked that it is checked by default on a "direct match" as an advertiser but at the same time they probably benefit.

Name
Lyon
Looks pretty visible and well explained.

Also it says yelp won't share the phone/email so how would the ten carpet cleaners call them. Seems communication would be through the app/site.

I can see where a company might get a bit ticked that it is checked by default on a "direct match" as an advertiser but at the same time they probably benefit.
I just know that I’ve had a price shopper from Yelp tell me she was getting 10 other quotes after I drove to her place and quoted my minimum rate., so I’m assuming more than 3 companies get it the info, probably 5 to 10. Then the customer is bombarded and doesn’t remember what company does what, and who they talked to. It’s one of the reasons why at a time I cut and pasted a generic answer to everyone when I was getting a few price shoppers a day, asking a lot of questions while I was out cleaning in the field. I’d book about 10 percent of the job through Yelp instant quote, but most of the jobs from more informed, educated, higher end clients, that read the reviews, before calling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom