Yelp

Mikey P

Administrator
I have four reviews on Yelp.
Good ones.

Didn't cost me a cent and has generated over $4000 worth of work in 6 months or so

Sure Ken Snow wipes his ass with that kind of money but a broke dick owner op like me kinda likes the return.

Name
I'm Rick James
I am having issues with Yelp. Someone posted my business info, most likely a customer a left a great review. They posted that i work out of a town that is 35 miles south of me and I can change it. They have not responded to my requests.

In total i had 2 good reviews on yelp from actual customers and now they are gone. I dont know if the custy deleted them or someone else. It really sucks because unlike a local cleaner here, I dont write a bunch of fake reviews for my business.

I have gotten 4 jobs off Yelp, but I had to drive a ways to do them. Is there a number to call them at?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Man, that must have been a old data base they used or something.
A search of my area half the cleaning companies are out of business. Many for years.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I had my couches and area rugs cleaned shortly after I moved in to my new home in November. They have this super high powered hot water suction thingy that is pretty awesome to watch, it's hooked up to the truck and man it's powerful! The owner was really nice and did a fantastic job on my big couch and carpets. He even went over the carpets that were just shampooed and got more dirt out than the last carpet guy did.

I am calling him again for my Spring Cleaning. Highly recommended!

I guess it goes to show you that some people do care about the equipment

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Knowing nothing of Yelp a month ago, I looked them up after a co-worker mentioned a bad review.

In looking at reviews of highly respected local companies, this is what I found:
- If you have only good reviews on Yelp you're doing extemely well or you're writing your own.
- An average rating on Yelp is equal to an outstanding rating on any other review site.
- Yelpies actually congratulate each other for writing the most bad reviews, and award points for the meanest snide commentary.

Yelp is used mostly in larger cities by twenty-somethings that think they're part of the trendy - hip crowd, and are almost always people wanting a $100 meal for $5. (Complaining that the upmarket furniture store near their rented condo was a one-star establishment because "I could get stuff that looks the same at IKEA for a lot less")

Unlike review sites where someone with an axe to grind might try to ruin your reputation, the majority of people that post on Yelp are sarcastic complainers.

Be just as happy if Yelp has no listing for you.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Oh, great!

The ONE thing that Mikey suggested that I actually did, and it's just another avenue to be exposed to more Mikey type people.

Just what I need ...

Mikey P

Administrator
Sure works for us.
Two today off it a two roomer for $185 and a 3 bed room and hall empty that I upsold hard wood floor cleaning and 4 tile areas for a nice $750

Came home and saw another Yelper on for tomorrow. somewhat amus

If I ran crews like O'Halick I would stay wide and clear of yelp and anything like it.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I had like four really good reviews and within a month that were taken off by Yelp. They said they have a software system that can detect false reviews. What a pain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom