Yikes! an O&O carpet cleaner was arrested about an hour ago

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
A carpet cleaner here in Atlanta (O&O) was just arrested for false imprisonment and sexual assault on a customer! (One of my local cop buddies tipped me off)

I am praying like hell that this stays out of the media or I will be forced to make lemonade out of this lemon. Thank god it wasn't one of my competitors that use un-documented contractors

And NO -I won't divulge the name as EVERYONE is innocent until proven guilty.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Re: Yikes! an O&O carpet cleaner was arrested about an hour

This JERK "Not only ran "Rainbow International" out of business in FL.".... :evil:

He also "STOPPED "...everyone else's phones from RINGING.. in the carpet cleaning BIZ..in FL.!

this type of NEW'S...Hurt's EVERYONE..... :x :x :x

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/06/10/us/ma ... orida.html

ps..YOU BETTER KNOW WHO YOU HIRE...!!!!!
"The million $$$$$$$$ judgement is in 1991 dollars.." !gotcha!

Grace & McKishnie v. Rainbow Carpet Cleaning Co., Eighth Judicial Circuit of Florida, Gainesville, Florida

$1,000,000 verdict for parents of two children murdered by cleaner who had been negligently hired.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

Lemonade in this case would be made by getting out ahead of the story. You could do a front page story on your web site about how you vet your employees and the risks of allowing people without references into your home. Once the story hits and people go to your site to check your company out, they see that you already take this seriously.

Maybe even do the industry a favor and mention that checking references goes for any service provider.

joe harper

Name
joe harper

The Great Oz said:
Lemonade in this case would be made by getting out ahead of the story. You could do a front page story on your web site about how you vet your employees and the risks of allowing people without references into your home. Once the story hits and people go to your site to check your company out, they see that you already take this seriously.

Maybe even do the industry a favor and mention that checking references goes for any service provider.

That would be GREAT..."If he had EMPLOYEES".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He SUB'S...O/O'S.... :shock: :roll:

Since this "alleged"...guy is a O/O..."This will HURT..!"

Make sure you wear GLOVES & EYE protection... :idea:
"You could be SqUeEzinG loTs oF LeMonS".. :cry: :mrgreen:

ps..I hope this doesn't GET OUT.. !gotcha!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg

HARPER said:
The Great Oz said:

That would be GREAT..."If he had EMPLOYEES".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He SUB'S...O/O'S.... :shock: :roll:
Since this "alleged"...guy is a O/O..."This will HURT..!"
Make sure you wear GLOVES & EYE protection... :idea:
"You could be SqUeEzinG loTs oF LeMonS".. :cry: :mrgreen:
ps..I hope this doesn't GET OUT.. !gotcha!

We background check every contractor and require background checks on all their employees.
Unless this breaks- I won't do a thing. If it does break I will follow my pre-determined plan.
It will cost me quite a few bucks but will help me salvage the holiday season. Radio / tv campaign : "a Brand You Can Trust -with quality background check technicians- Not a Guy working out of his garage and/or prison cell"

joe harper

Name
joe harper

When NEWS like this ...hits "ANY" service industry... :cry:

The term..."FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED"..."Is worth its weight in GOLD." :!:

Hey dOuChebAG... :p :mrgreen:

I wasn't "slamming your operation"... :|

I may "screw around"...on this board...BUT..I don't want ANYONES..business to SUFFER.. :idea:

If that NEWS breaks in the Atlanta area. :shock: All cleaners will pay a HeaVeY price to
pay... thathurts

I went through the RAINBOW debacle...It was NOT pretty..The phones ..just STOPPED..!!!!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg

HARPER said:
I may "screw around"...on this board...BUT..I don't want ANYONES..business to SUFFER.. :idea:
quote]

I just fell out of my chair in shock! :?: :!: :|

Actually your company is well established and the truck wrap sells you as credible. But you are right- the fall out will be terrible- just in time for the holiday season.....

joe harper

Name
joe harper

Your THREAD...

Hits real close to HOME with me...

I was a BIG SHOT..in the early 90's...I had just EXPANDED..for 3 trucks ..to 6 trucks..:shock:

I LOST MY ASS....As soon as this STORY hit the NEWS...The PHONES DIED... :roll:

I have NEVER seen anything like-it...! This ecomomy is a "walk-in-the-park" compaired
to the PANIC this story caused... :!:

Southern folks...are very protective of their women & children...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They FREAK-OUT when something like this happens...! They DID NOT want anybody
near their family...MUCH LESS IN THEIR HOME.. :x

We had a young girl in our town Raped & Murdered about 10 years ago...she was
abducted on her way home from riding a school bus... :cry:

TO THIS DAY....the parent's in this town...TAKE THEIR CHILDREN TO SCHOOL.... :shock:

The busses are almost EMPTY... :idea:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Sad to hear stories like this in any industry.

My parents owned a Chem-Dry when another Chem-Dry guy killed someone in their home years ago.
It's almost selfish to think about your own company but what else can you do? It's your livelyhood.

Not sure if this will make it to TX or CA but I'll be looking for it and do what I can to ease the minds of potential customers.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg

Wow! I can see why. Let's pray it doesn't break. Nothing in the paper today

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom