You best Combo for everyday residential cleaning??

Jonee

I know many here will roll their eyes on this one, as it has been hashed over many times.......but there are always new products coming to market. I'm a Baner, so I use their powered detergent & booster in the tank and their Preface for my prespray. I have recently decided to expand my customer base and I'm doing some marketing that is getting me into some homes where the carpet has not had too much attention, and I'm looking for something with a little more punch. I clean at about 155-165 at that wand (remember Bane Clene unit, in the south) any sugestions? I have heard alot about this O2 system, but coming from Judson......I assume I would need some heat to activate the chemical process, and that aint happening with my system.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You will get your most dramatic increase in cleaning results by incorporating a 175 to your process for those more difficult jobs. You probably wouldn't need to change your present chemical line.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Your working pressure is closer to 50 psi (when the trigger is pulled).

We got much better results by prespraying all chemicals and clear rinsing.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Judging by the fact that your profile states you are located in Tennessee, I would assume that your market is much like mine. That being the case, I would not recommend you encorporating a 175 into your mix, as you price points may not support the extra time required. Prespraying with dwell time, like Lee says, would be your first good choice.

A really decent TM might be you next.

PS The Judson chenical line is a good line, but if you have a distributor in your immediate area, I would recommend you give him a visit first.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Jon started working as manager at BP in Nashville back when we still ran Banes. I was actually surprised that he bought Bane after his exposure to the rest of the industry. The typical Baner is a newbie or isolated from the TM mainstream.

Mikey P

Administrator
A few minutes with a 175 will save you far more time then it would take to let things dwell and dwell and have to wand and wand and wand to get so and so results.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Powerscrub would be my first step. Will make a world of difference and set you apart from the local hacks. Then raise your prices a little.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Jonee said:
I know many here will roll their eyes on this one, as it has been hashed over many times.......but there are always new products coming to market. I'm a Baner, so I use their powered detergent & booster in the tank and their Preface for my prespray. I have recently decided to expand my customer base and I'm doing some marketing that is getting me into some homes where the carpet has not had too much attention, and I'm looking for something with a little more punch. I clean at about 155-165 at that wand (remember Bane Clene unit, in the south) any sugestions? I have heard alot about this O2 system, but coming from Judson......I assume I would need some heat to activate the chemical process, and that aint happening with my system.

Go see john at the cleaners depot, he always helps me. And if you still can't get it clean, umm call me and i'll send one of my Tm's out. :) sometimes u need more suck and heat :)
:mrgreen:

Jonee

Hey Everyone,

As Lee stated I have been in the industry for a while and even have worked on the distributor side. When I decided to get back into cleaning 5 years ago, my focus was going to be only high end residental and some nicer commercial. I have owned a Hydramaster, Prochem, and my last "side in" was a White Magic 1800 (best preforming machine of them all). With my business plan of only focusing on the nicer homes, the Bane was a perfect match and has done a great job! Most of the homes I go into really are not that heavly soiled.........sometimes I'm just cleaning for health reasons or becuase a designer or manager says its time. Many of my customers are in the music industry, entertainers, producers, support, etc. As I mentioned, I'm expanding my focus and my advertising is getting me into some homes that have not been touched. They are nice newer upscale homes, but the owners have not placed much value in using outside services, until the carpet is showing spots. The Bane has allowed me to market to a very unique group of clientel and the marketing behind the Bane has also been a good thing............sometimes its easier to sell a product or service "With a Story"

I use a Orbital machine for my commercial jobs, and have used this tool as a post pad in some situations. I' m just looking for a chemical system with a little more punch, that rinses freely. Thank you all for your comments!

-Jon

P.S. Over the past 15 years I have acquired Host Liberator, Conqueror Breeze, and a Von Schrader Dry Foam Machine

G

Jonee said:
Hey Everyone,

As Lee stated I have been in the industry for a while and even have worked on the distributor side. When I decided to get back into cleaning 5 years ago, my focus was going to be only high end residental and some nicer commercial. I have owned a Hydramaster, Prochem, and my last "side in" was a White Magic 1800 (best preforming machine of them all). With my business plan of only focusing on the nicer homes, the Bane was a perfect match and has done a great job! Most of the homes I go into really are not that heavly soiled.........sometimes I'm just cleaning for health reasons or becuase a designer or manager says its time. Many of my customers are in the music industry, entertainers, producers, support, etc. As I mentioned, I'm expanding my focus and my advertising is getting me into some home that have not been touched. They are nice newer upscale homes, but the owners have not placed much value in using outside services, until the carpet is showing spots. The Bane has allowed me to market to a very unique group of clientel and the marketing behind the Bane has also been a good thing............sometimes its easier to sell a product or service "With a Story"

I use a Orbital machine for my commercial jobs, and have used this tool as a post pad in some situations. I' m just looking for a chemical system with a little more punch, that rinses freely. Thank you all for your comments!

-Jon

In the age of Green Clean, any carpets that have not been maintained need a boost. I remember when a traffic lane cleaner actually got the traffic lanes cleaned. On the nasties, best bet is a butyl booster unless you want to apology for leaving it dirty .

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
james cooper said:
In the age of Green Clean, any carpets that have not been maintained need a boost. I remember when a traffic lane cleaner actually got the traffic lanes cleaned. On the nasties, best bet is a butyl booster unless you want to apology for leaving it dirty .

Oh Jeez, here we go. Nobody needs to use butyl or any toxic chemicals that WILL cause you health problems just because you are ignorant of better safer methods. I use Grease Eraser and a fresh water rinse which when mixed at the higher concentration they recommend will take care of any soiling you run into. Cobb's makes a similar product as do others. Why mess up your health just to make a living? My father did that selling chemicals to the auto industry, my brother did that at AC Delco. They're both dead because of it. Thats so unnecessary.

Jonee

Art, I know the guys at Chemister and love that Sunshine! Are you able to really rinse that product with just hot water? I used to use it in a resturant I did years ago, but It did not seem very free rinsing?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Mikey P said:
A few minutes with a 175 will save you far more time then it would take to let things dwell and dwell and have to wand and wand and wand to get so and so results.

I agree with Mikey. Agitation is KING. Good agitation can be useful with any HWE cleaning system. A quick pre-scrub doesn't take all that much time; and following the agitation step - the rinse step can be performed more quickly (so you'll get back the time invested with your agitation step). Adding better agitation is a plus, especially in situations where there may be limitations to the effectiveness of the rinse step.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Jonee said:
Art, I know the guys at Chemister and love that Sunshine! Are you able to really rinse that product with just hot water? I used to use it in a resturant I did years ago, but It did not seem very free rinsing?

Yes, I have done it every day at thousands of houses for many years. No residue problems. The problem you may have experienced is following their mixing directions which call for 18 oz of powder in a 5qt 9-1 standard HF. I wouldn't use that much unless it was a worst case scenario. I use 3 oz in an untipped 4-1 HF and that will usually cover a whole house of 5-6 rooms normal soil. Not much product necessary. I will have a couple trigger sprayers handy with more concentrated TLC for heavy spots and lanes as needed.

Jonee

Art, I just might give it another try.......I dont use the Hydro-Force anymore, now I use a pepsi sprayer, so in a gal of hot water how much would you add? So let me get this straight, you dont use any other presprays, just a light dilution of this CM Grease Era. and rinse with clear water? Have I got that right

-Jon

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Jonee said:
Art, I just might give it another try.......I dont use the Hydro-Force anymore, now I use a pepsi sprayer, so in a gal of hot water how much would you add? So let me get this straight, you dont use any other presprays, just a light dilution of this CM Grease Era. and rinse with clear water? Have I got that right

-Jon
That's all I use, although the trigger sprayers will have a liquid TLC because they're easier to mix in a small amount (1-2 oz per qt).
I don't use anything but a HF but I would imagine the proper amount of GA powder is 1-2 oz per gallon of hot water in the pepsi sprayer. The HF tends to flood the carpet with more water that a pump up or pepsi sprayer so you would need to use a higher concentration than I do.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I use a lot of Sunshine, but I'm not impressed with their Grease Eraser. One $5 gallon of Mean Green from Dollar General outcleans it in side by side tests.

Jon have you tried Bane's stronger stuff, like TLS 2000? pH 12.5 and around $25 per gallon.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Welp ... since you're targeting the high end, then you should be able to use the 175 to prescrub without breaking the bank ... especially if you run a two man crew. Owner operators, who are adveraging $100 per hour, or less, are adding just about 50% more time to a job (if they have no help) when they use a 175. So, it's just not profitable. For you, it could well be, not only profitable, but a great addeded benefit for you.

Of course, with a really great prespray, and adequate dwell time, this added 50% job time could be avoided ... if you are working alone.

PS Screw you Mikey.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Lee Stockwell said:
I use a lot of Sunshine, but I'm not impressed with their Grease Eraser. One $5 gallon of Mean Green from Dollar General outcleans it in side by side tests.

Jon have you tried Bane's stronger stuff, like TLS 2000? pH 12.5 and around $25 per gallon.

If a job is done and it's perfectly clean using Grease Eraser, how can it look better by using some cheap dangerous butyl filled crap? I'm only interested in using things that are safe to breathe over many years of constant use.

Jonee

Lee, I do use that for those olefin berbers, and commercial..........just a little concerned about using 12+ ph on stain resist nylon, expecailly where I'm not using fresh water rinsing and instead using a PCA 5 & booster in the tank.

Marty, Maybe John G. has a soft agitation brush I could use on my CCS machine, I have a grout brush for it, but it looks a little stiff for carpet. I guess I could get on craig list and find a 175 swing machine.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm not aware of a soft brush he has for it, but a red or green scrubbing pad will do fine. You'll have to break the green pad in on some rough concrete first. The OP machine is much slower than a 175 ... so just beware of the time considerations.;

Jonee

Marty,

Are you coming to Mike Fest? I live about 1/2 hour from the AL boarder (Saturn PKY EXIT off 65), would love to buy you a meal here in Spring Hill as your heading into town?
-Jon

gary mackay

I find using a rotary with tank to apply preconditioner (when needed) is just as fast as preconditioning with my electric sprayer. If it's a nasty polyester with 72 grease spots I hate having to bend over with the fels-naptha 72 times so the rotary makes alot of that a whole lot easier.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think I'm going to mikeyfest, but nobody's volunteered to pay for my room yet, so I'm still not committed.

For a free meal, I might just drive up there to see you even if I don't go to MF. Do you have a spare room?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
according to the bane clean times and the e news letter I get, all you really need is thier chemicals and machine and you will be fine, heat isn't needed

are you saying that isn't correct

Jonee

Sorry, I will have a full house that that week, providing everyone shows up. Just let know if you would like to get together for a meal, it would be my honor to welcome you to TN. I can call down and see if Mr. Patel has a room for that date if you would like? You can come with me to pick up Craig Jasper at the airport.

Steve, my Bane system does a pretty good job, I'm not "Banewashed" I know its limitations.......but it does what I bought it for and I have only replaced a couple brass fittings in my 5 years of ownership........Lord only knows what I would have spent maintaining a gas slide in. I have to go a little slower then you A & V owners.........but I'm in no hurry these days, just want to do the best possible job fro my customers.

harryhides

Name
Tony
What is it like to be a 40 yr veteran in this business and to be getting "advice" from a young, pig farmer that can't afford a hotel room. Jon ?

This is what I saw on the wall of one customer whose carpets I cleaned in Nashville - very nice lady.

Plaque.jpg

1153am.jpg

Jonee

Tony,

AriSon Records is just up the road from house, you should have stopped in enjoyed a glass of wine with me.......or a little Grey Goose while you were in the neighborhood.

-J

lance

Wow, look at the swirl marks on the piano. What a shame. I see a lot of highend black cars that look as bad or worse than that.

I bet people don't notice until they are pointed out and made to pay attention to. That is just careless and stupid.

The op machine on the other hand.......is a beauty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom